Beavers, snakes and crickets

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Beavers, snakes and crickets

Postby Superiodity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Whenever I read the title of this thread I always read it as "beavers, snakes and crickets, oh my!" for some reason...
Anyway I've found 1 etterfang out many many snake kills and at first I thought it would be better to just sell it but I got poisoned one day so ran back to my claim and made some anti-poison, was surprised to see you get 10 doses and not just one.
Superiodity

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 am

Procne wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Just have to know what you're doing. Hint: snakes can't swim. They're only dangerous if they bite you and have very little blood.

Oh, I do agree, but I think we are talking here about hunting snakes, not about running from them :)

Oh, I am most definitely talking about killing them!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby MrGemini » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Best Ways to kill: (best is fencing thrust for all animals)

Rabbits - Normally OneHit with some Yellow. But care of King Rabbit ;)

Crickets - Hit them, go a bit away till they run exactly to you and hit with timing a bit before they reach u again. Or use fencing with 1hit :D

Beaver - Hit them, go a bit away till they run exactly to you and hit with timing a bit before they reach u again. If he make Special attack go swimming short or run a bit around. Care - Special Attack brings other Beavers to you.

Snake - Try to run around her a bit distanced till it wants attack you. Run to normal water then, not deep, and try to find a place where you are far enough to not get biten and can kill it with stomp. It cant swim ;)

Deer - Hit it and immediatly stay always near it all the time. Try to hit again till its dead. If it reaches a bit Distance to you, its possible it makes 4,5 stomp attacks (10 blood each) at once.

Bear - Dont even try without 50 Humours.

I hope i could help ;)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby Pjotr84 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 pm

MrGemini wrote:

Could you expand a bit on that? Killing a bear is one of the few things I haven't done yet with the current content, and I'd like to kill at least one. Since I had a bit f a talk with someone, who walked into Boston carrying bear earlier, I understand you have to keep quite close to it for it not to roar, but simultaneously be wary of any attacks. Would circling around, looking for opportunities to stab it, while jumping away from attacks be sensible, or does the power up for jump take too long?
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby MrGemini » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 pm

See here:

http://salemwiki.info/index.php/Bear

It has 40 (!) hp, in example a deer just 15, a beaver just 10. Bear does much damage and makes a fear on you, even when you run away. This fear drains your BlackBile very fast, when Blackbile is down, you are KOed like when it hit u and your blood is down. Even trying to kill a Bear in the past between deep waters with a Musket (0,5 dmg per hit) and Patience did fail cause of Fear.
So you should try a bear best with hunting mates together, Fencing and much humours. But care - its agressive when you come near ;)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby Pjotr84 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Yeah, it doesn't have that much HP, but I'm more concerned with my own HP when it comes to taking it on. One of these days I'll just have to give it a shot.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 am

Pjotr84 wrote:
MrGemini wrote:

Could you expand a bit on that?

Well, a deer can easily bring a bear down. I'd suggest trying that trick. You should be able to "kill the bear" with only 5 in humors ;) Of course, one roar and you could likely be KO'd.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Pjotr84 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Pjotr84 wrote:
MrGemini wrote:

Could you expand a bit on that?

Well, a deer can easily bring a bear down. I'd suggest trying that trick. You should be able to "kill the bear" with only 5 in humors ;) Of course, one roar and you could likely be KO'd.

I've tried doing it your way, but more often than not, I get the bear to aggro me and not the deer. Maybe I should just try taking one on myself. As for the 50 humours, is that a minimum or should anyone with biles that high be able to kill one?

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:08 pm

You actually get the bear to aggro the deer via a roar. That's the problem as you are then in the area to get hit by it and be scared to "death" (KO).
MagicManICT

Postby Pjotr84 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You actually get the bear to aggro the deer via a roar. That's the problem as you are then in the area to get hit by it and be scared to "death" (KO).

I see. I just tried to let the deer hit the bear when the former did its charge. I'll try it your way, thanks.

Edit: Much ado about nothing. Just stabbed a bear 3 to 4 times and it's dead. The only thing to watch is its crit attack, which packs quite a punch. Now if only I could make a bear cape.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Previous

Return to Help!