Cant Touch Items in settlement

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Cant Touch Items in settlement

Postby nytmaster » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 am

Hi im part of my brothers town and everything was fine until tonight. I cant touch any items or move items. Only thing i can do is open gates and place items.

I did try
Remove from stone and kinship and re-added me back and still nothing. Also relog of game client couple towns and check current version of JAVA so all good there.

This effect both of my toons.

Is this a bug or possibly fix for this.

Thanks
nytmaster

Re: Cant Touch Items in settlement

Postby Ornery » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:14 am

Has he double checked that the kin list color he has you under has the permissions you need? This can be messed up if he died, or put down a new stone. The permissions lists reset. If that won't work, you can try to just party up, you should have permissions on his claim that way.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Re: Cant Touch Items in settlement

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am

The permissions get messed up because the kin lists don't carry over when you inherit your ancestor's claim. You have to rekin everyone which means you need to set colors again.

I'm with ornery on this: make sure colors are set properly. If that's not the problem, could we get some screenshots to confirm the bug or see what's being done wrong?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Return to Help!