KO by pop up?!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

KO by pop up?!

Postby robo19 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:52 am

So basically I spent roughly 3+ hours walking/wandering from boston to find the perfect spot for my settlement. I get agro from a snake (unprovoked of course) and after "wandering" from it i waited for it to despawn but due to the "in combat" i ran out of phlegm so I had to walk now this isnt all bad, granted I cant stop moving nor out run the snake but the snake has to pause to attack resulting in endless misses. I could carry this out until I reach water as logging out would be the same as KO (Combat log?) however I get a pop up saying "sorry to disturb..." trying to close ASAP so I could NOT be KOed but of course it was too late... 3+ hours wasted as I must once again start over.

So whats the problem?

1. Snakes should NOT auto-agro
2. NPCs should NOT fallow you past 1 screen length! (2 at most, but endless is overkill)
3. If you are not attacked nor attacking for 20 full seconds (30 at most) you shouldn't be considered in combat. (maybe make it 60 seconds if you attack, 30 sec if you WERE attacked so not abused)

Now to walk 3 more hours
robo19

Re: KO by pop up?!

Postby robo19 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 am

Instead of making a new thread, I'll comment on here....

THIS GAME IS FKED UP!!!!

So as you read I got 3 hour setback due to lame pop up that killed me, I figured I'd use my free lean to as a head start!

This is what I got?!
BTW I am trapped, both sides are dead ends and I can not climb the huge cliff, my best bet would be to forage for stuff, raise my health, and try to survive the drop...

Instead I have decided starting over would be better so I am remaking.
robo19

Postby ShadowTani » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am

1. Auto-aggro mobs can also be beneficial and brings some challenge to the game.
2. Keep Run or Wanderer modes on in shortcuts if you aren't confident about swiftly activating them when needed from the menu. You can outrun even a snake with those.
3. Why would an animal that is aggro'ing you and still got you in sight want to give up the chase? It's neither challenging or realistic.

And the pop up you experienced was a result of getting KO'ed for the first time, it was not the fault of you getting KO'ed and you won't get it again. ;3 And no, you don't need to start over again either, getting KO'ed is not the same as getting killed - just wait a bit and your character will respawn back in Boston or at your homestead. :3

Edit: And yeah, those free spawns are random and don't always give a good spot, I personally don't use it, but wander across the world picking up and putting together inspirationals from the things I find along the way until I've learned settling. With settling you can put up your own leanto where you want for a few pieces of wood and some hay. The first homestead is best considered a temporary spot anyway though. :3
ShadowTani

Postby weirdg » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:03 am

Hm. I've never successfully outrun any aggroed animal either. If I aggro a snake I don't even bother to run. Dunno if this is intended or if it's even possible to outrun snakes or bears.
weirdg

Postby robo19 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:33 am

Normal walking you cant our run a snake, wandering you easily our run it, running you can our run it depends on your humors. I was unfortunate to have low humors when I was attacked.

I am restarted because the random lean to placement you see in the pic above trapped me there; my best bet was trying to suicide by falling off the cliff which im not entirely sure how to do so starting over was more practical.

Already started over and well on my way to finding paradise; having a hard time learning swim as dang law is a pain to learn without Wit bench.
robo19

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:40 am

You could use your leanto to go back to boston then go find a spot the old fashioned way, walk there. You aren't trapped.
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby robo19 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I did walk...3 hours and got KO'd! the lean to was to give me a short cut so im not walking from boston but from a random position; the point of the pic-post was the irony of how bad of luck I have in which after being KO'd by a snake from walking 3+ hours, I get possibly the worst lean to placement possible (being trapped on a mountain)
robo19

Postby Potjeh » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:13 pm

If you're walking long distance, you should periodically save your progress. Getting 2 hay doesn't slow you down *that* much.
Potjeh

Postby ShadowTani » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:27 pm

robo19 wrote:I did walk...3 hours and got KO'd! the lean to was to give me a short cut so im not walking from boston but from a random position; the point of the pic-post was the irony of how bad of luck I have in which after being KO'd by a snake from walking 3+ hours, I get possibly the worst lean to placement possible (being trapped on a mountain)

If you restarted with a new character then he meant that wasn't necessary because you can click the " adventure button < travel button < ... to Boston button " while close to your homestead (your leanto in that case) and you would teleport back to Boston. :3

But yeah, that was a terrible row of bad luck, I feel bad for you... I'm sure you will enjoy the game more once you gotten the hang of things though. Wishing you improved luck. :3

I had a moment of bad luck as well just a while ago, but nothing like that. D: (The game froze just when I was about to pawn a bunny - had to force-quit the client and logged back in to find that the bunny had pawned me instead. xD)
ShadowTani

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm

robo19 wrote:I could carry this out until I reach water as logging out would be the same as KO (Combat log?) however I get a pop up saying "sorry to disturb..." trying to close ASAP so I could NOT be KOed but of course it was too late...

For the record, the popup opened because you were knocked out, not the other way around.
loftar

Next

Return to Help!