KO by pop up?!

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: KO by pop up?!

Postby Zou » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:00 pm

It was just yesterday that we were talking about how it would be hilarious if someone spawned on that mountain.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

Postby robo19 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 am

LESS SNAKES! Snakes are far too common especially for an auto-aggro!!!!

I was near my lean to and had a bug where my salem client "disappears" and you must Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and end javaw.exe. During this time I aggroed a snake, upon relogging I found myself poisoned and it wasnt long before I was KO'd.
robo19

Postby Eegore » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

loftar wrote:
robo19 wrote:I could carry this out until I reach water as logging out would be the same as KO (Combat log?) however I get a pop up saying "sorry to disturb..." trying to close ASAP so I could NOT be KOed but of course it was too late...

For the record, the popup opened because you were knocked out, not the other way around.

I thought he hit darkness and KO'd ^_^
Eegore

Postby Megge » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:54 pm

As long as the Client isn't stable and a lot Crashes coming up , they should remove the perm Poison , 2-5 mins would be ok.
Megge

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Megge wrote:As long as the Client isn't stable and a lot Crashes coming up , they should remove the perm Poison , 2-5 mins would be ok.

The default client is very stable. If people use modded clients, then that is their problem.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

staxjax wrote:
Megge wrote:As long as the Client isn't stable and a lot Crashes coming up , they should remove the perm Poison , 2-5 mins would be ok.

The default client is very stable. If people use modded clients, then that is their problem.

This. We can't balance the game around modded clients that Paradox/Seatribe do not support.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby slipper » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Potjeh wrote:If you're walking long distance, you should periodically save your progress. Getting 2 hay doesn't slow you down *that* much.

What do you mean with "saving progress" and why is it related to getting 2 hay?
slipper

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:54 pm

slipper wrote:
Potjeh wrote:If you're walking long distance, you should periodically save your progress. Getting 2 hay doesn't slow you down *that* much.

What do you mean with "saving progress" and why is it related to getting 2 hay?

I can only assume this means to carry a nail on you. If you don't plan on coming back to where you were camped at, build a new lean-to after an hour or so and make it your homestead (right-click, select "Make Homestead"). If something bad should happen, like getting jumped by a bear, you have that much less time to walk.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby ericbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:57 pm

nails aren't needed for lean tos anymore. I got bit by a snake, the first time I calmly got a lean to together.

The second time I went on a rampage and killed as many snakes as I could before I died. They make for good fun.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 pm

Heh. I had forgotten that. Shows you how many lean-tos I've built. ;)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Help!