Raising seed/crop purity

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Raising seed/crop purity

Postby Chiprel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am

Seeds/crops/most of the stuff have 4 components:
salt,mercury,sulphur,lead
Seems you had one stack of seeds lets say 40% mercury and other stack of seeds 40% sulphur. When you add those two stacks they will average their 4 components.
%salt+%merc+%sulph+%lead= 100%
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby Chiprel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am

dazedsuper wrote:
Chiprel wrote:Seeds/crops/most of the stuff have 4 components:
salt,mercury,sulphur,lead
Seems you had one stack of seeds lets say 40% mercury and other stack of seeds 40% sulphur. When you add those two stacks they will average their 4 components.
%salt+%merc+%sulph+%lead= 100%

Ty I figured it was something like that ultimately lowered the seeds; but what is the best way to raise seed percentage since those elements can vary so much? Is there any kind of fertilizer to help with purity?

If you can get (for example lets use salt) 20-30% salt pure dross it will make a difference. Be sure to drop dross on few fields cause there still is random range of how much new generation crops will differ from old ones. That way you surely will get some better seeds. Don't use purity 1 fertilizers on those fields.
After next harvest replant seeds with highest salt values(dont look at pure). Only stack seeds with similiar 4 components. Stop using dross when your seeds have more or similiar salt than your dross. If you have some higher purity hay from harvests you can drop it on your crops too :)
Chiprel

Postby Chiprel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 am

from IRC, edited a bit for easier reading wrote:<loftar> Well, each element simply gets a random number between -5 and 5 added, and the elements are then recanonicalized.
<loftar> Or renormalized might be a better word.
<KarlHurtig> when you say "5", you mean 50 -> 55? where 100 is max? (Just checking that I got the scaling correctly)
<loftar> Yeah
<KarlHurtig> All numbers between -5 and 5 are equally probable?
<loftar> Yes.
<loftar> Ah, actually, alchemy from applied fertilizers are actually mixed slightly into crops' alchemy.

Last tip: you can put unwanted seeds into compost bin to get a bit higher(pure) humus.
Chiprel

Postby reeper_aut » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:25 am

i have no proof up to now, but i think that the floor you built your fields on does have influence too which element drops or rises!
further testing needed
reeper_aut

Postby Chiprel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 am

That's what we thought when we had purity nodes on terrain. Loftar wrote that it had no effect and that we were mislead by fertilizers effect.
So I'm sure that where you build your fields doesn't matter at all :P
Chiprel

Postby reeper_aut » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 am

not so sure, but as i said, i have to test it with new seeds and without any fertilizers on different floor types.
if the variations are quite alike, my theorie is wrong
if the variations are all going in same direction it might be right
reeper_aut

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:19 am

No need to test it, as that is now how it works. You will never be able to find proof that it does work, because the proof doesn't exist.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 am

staxjax wrote:No need to test it, as that is now how it works. You will never be able to find proof that it does work, because the proof doesn't exist.

It's actually quite testable. Given all ground is 25/25/25/25, simply testing some fields using no fertilizers, some fields using a variety of fertilizers that are all base purity, and some fields using only dross of any amount of purity (higher the better, though) will show the results quite properly.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Chiprel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:17 am

MagicManICT wrote:
staxjax wrote:No need to test it, as that is now how it works. You will never be able to find proof that it does work, because the proof doesn't exist.

It's actually quite testable. Given all ground is 25/25/25/25, simply testing some fields using no fertilizers, some fields using a variety of fertilizers that are all base purity, and some fields using only dross of any amount of purity (higher the better, though) will show the results quite properly.

but we are just talking about dirt/ground/'floor' influencing crops (that something like that doesnt exist)

reeper_aut wrote:i have no proof up to now, but i think that the floor you built your fields on does have influence too which element drops or rises!
further testing needed
Chiprel

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:35 am

MagicManICT wrote:It's actually quite testable. Given all ground is 25/25/25/25, simply testing some fields using no fertilizers, some fields using a variety of fertilizers that are all base purity, and some fields using only dross of any amount of purity (higher the better, though) will show the results quite properly.

I find quoting a bit redundant if I am replying to the last person that said something.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Return to Help!