Multiple claim defense mechanics

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Multiple claim defense mechanics

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 am

staxjax wrote:
staxjax wrote:With the right setup the braziers are overpowered, imo.

Slayblaze wrote:Even so, even that can still be overcome by a determined force.

No, they can't.

Braziers are too fragile atm, same with walls.
darnokpl

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:52 am

darnokpl wrote:
staxjax wrote:
staxjax wrote:With the right setup the braziers are overpowered, imo.

Slayblaze wrote:Even so, even that can still be overcome by a determined force.

No, they can't.

Braziers are too fragile atm, same with walls.

then you are using both wrong.

Pro tip to keep you from dying again:
Don't make a vault on the outside of your town and esp make sure you have the max hitting a attacker.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am

Dallane wrote:

Don't make a vault on the outside of your town and esp make sure you have the max hitting a attacker.

Even your hv can be destroyed in 2-3h by 5 man with ~80 humors.
Imho hv like yours should be harder to destroy and slow down enemies by 6-8h, so you can come back from work or wake up and defend your self.
darnokpl

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:

Even your hv can be destroyed in 2-3h by 5 man with ~80 humors.
Imho hv like yours should be harder to destroy and slow down enemies by 6-8h, so you can come back from work or wake up and defend your self.

you need 200+ bb along with 10+ hours to get into baits. My Hv will take around 6 with normal humors at my hermitage.

There is a reason your HV only took a hour or so and that was VERY poor base planning.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Potjeh » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

I think the idea is to reduce the enemy defences, not just tank them.
Potjeh

Postby staxjax » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 am

Just because you die, you think wall and brazier are weak.

1.You didnt have nearly enough brazier for maximum damage.
2.The ranger only had to walk 5 squares away to stop the brazier from shooting (because that was the edge of the claim)
3.All three of those people that broke your walls (with very few brazier) had high humours and it still probably took a long time to break in.

So basically, you don't know how to use a claim for defensive purpose. You don't know how to protect your entire claim with maximum brazier coverage. And you dont know how to build your 'vault' in the center of the claim, with many walls and braziers spread throught out the ENTIRE claim. If you ever find my base and try to break in you will see the power of Claim+Walls+Brazier.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 am

Dallane wrote:
you need 200+ bb along with 10+ hours to get into baits. My Hv will take around 6 with normal humors at my hermitage.

There is a reason your HV only took a hour or so and that was VERY poor base planning.

You are better in making fairy tales than calculations:)
Baits HV is planned same way as mine, just surrounded by few more braziers and walls.

But I think this is not place for our disputation about that, so lets end this.
darnokpl

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 am

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:

You are better in making fairy tales than calculations:)
Baits HV is planned same way as mine, just surrounded by few more braziers and walls.

But I think this is not place for our disputation about that, so lets end this.

It's on topic. You say that they are worthless because you had poor town planning. I say that they are great when a town is planned the right way. I would love to see you try and get into his place with 80 humors. I would go so far to farm for you to help you reach that mark because i know its not do able.

I say all this with alot of experience in raiding last world and ranging in this one. Perhaps one day you will learn how to properally attack without dropping a bell to avoid criminal debuff. Once you learn how the siege system is suppose to work at this time opposed to exploiting you will see how to properly set up a town and with that how valuable both walls and braziers are.

Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 am

staxjax wrote:Just because you die, you think wall and brazier are weak.

1.You didnt have nearly enough brazier for maximum damage.

Does braziers stack more than 5 per person?

staxjax wrote:2.The ranger only had to walk 5 squares away to stop the brazier from shooting (because that was the edge of the claim)

True, that was wrong, but like I said it wasn't finished, so don't make assumptions I am not aware of that.

staxjax wrote:3.All three of those people that broke your walls (with very few brazier) had high humours and it still probably took a long time to break in.

From amount of scents I can assume they had 60-75 humors and they done that in ~1h 30 minutes.

[/quotuote="staxjax"]
So basically, you don't know how to use a claim for defensive purpose. You don't know how to protect your entire claim with maximum brazier coverage. And you dont know how to build your 'vault' in the center of the claim, with many walls and braziers spread throught out the ENTIRE claim. If you ever find my base and try to break in you will see the power of Claim+Walls+Brazier.

Again I don't want to argue here, but you are wrong just like Dallane is.
Current defences are too fragile... destroying 5 walls under fire from 5 braziers in time less than 2h by 3 man 60-75 humors each is unacceptable.
If my claim was even further outside walls this will still took only 2h.
Last edited by darnokpl on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
darnokpl

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

Dallane wrote:... without dropping a bell to avoid criminal debuff.

:lol:
darnokpl

PreviousNext

Return to Help!