Problems with enders client

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Problems with enders client

Postby Basch » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:59 am

ok so where it says "Just be sure to press NO when dialog about mixed code popups"
when i hit deny/no it will not work and an error window pops up.yet when i hit allow/yes it works fine
the problem is that every time i close it after im done playing it completely goes away and i have to re download it for it to work again....so what is the proplem?

keep in mind i am using a Mac.

Thanks.
Basch

Re: Problems with enders client

Postby masau » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 am

You should be hitting allow. On windows it asks if you want to deny access (and thus you should say no). On Linux (and apparently macOS) it asks if you want to allow access (and thus you should say allow/yes). Ender should probably clarify this by OS though.

EDIT: Didn't read the last portion. I don't know about on macOS, but on windows and Linux you don't actually redownload the files - it merely checks versions against the server and uses the last used ones if versions haven't changed. I assume macOS is the same, but I don't have a mac. The resources are stored in your java cache (from a quick search it looks like it's located at /Users/[username]/Library/Caches/Java/cache) it's possible that for whatever reason your cache is getting cleared out when you exit the game. After closing check your cache to see if the files are still there.
Last edited by masau on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
masau

Re: Problems with enders client

Postby Chiprel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 am

I don't know much about macs but maybe your settings doesn't allow files to be pernamently stored and each time you close java program everything related to it gets deleted. Try finding a way to see/open java settings. Maybe there you can find some 'storage' related options.

PS. On windows you can change those settings in 'control panel/java' under 'general tab/temporary internet files' click settings and by checking '[ ] keep temporary files on my computer'
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Return to Help!