Learning Ability

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Learning Ability

Postby Zeronine » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I'd reckon you would get capped by the FEP decay way before you reach a CB of said food. Even with variance. (especially after the purity snip)
Zeronine

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Zeronine wrote:I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I'd reckon you would get capped by the FEP decay way before you reach a CB of said food. Even with variance. (especially after the purity snip)

I was thinking that, but if each piece of food is unique and you ate a new piece soon as the variance ticked maybe not? Only real way to know is to test.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby sabinati » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:19 am

Sevenless wrote:
Zeronine wrote:I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I'd reckon you would get capped by the FEP decay way before you reach a CB of said food. Even with variance. (especially after the purity snip)

I was thinking that, but if each piece of food is unique and you ate a new piece soon as the variance ticked maybe not? Only real way to know is to test.

There simply aren't that many unique foods.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:32 am

sabinati wrote:
Sevenless wrote:

There simply aren't that many unique foods.

That's true, but early on you could scarf down several items of quick eat times before a varience tick pops up.

Actually. According to the wiki, there are ~99 unique food types in game. I don't trust my counting abilities so we'll say +/- 5.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 am

LOMS wrote:
jorb wrote:
Zou wrote:What is the cap on humours?

The amount you can reach with a cupboard + inventory full of optimum purity/variance food.

...not true.
You will never be limited with the size of your cupboard until you have friends to refill your cupboard while you're in gluttory mode. Ha-ha.

Nerf friends! I never actually thought of that, it's a very clever way to max your char.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MvGulik » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 pm

GainedLearningPoints = FLOOR( ItemBasePoints * POW( 1/SQRT(2), R) )
R is repeat counter/value. Start/Reset=0, +1 on repeat item.

[Correction+Cleanup]
Last edited by MvGulik on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MvGulik

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

MvGulik wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:-I haven't worked out the math yet, but you get a bit less than 3.5x the base value if you push spam studying Inspirationals this way.

Read the major posts on LA, and I'm missing the part that the LA decrease is related to SQRT(2).

Think this is a matching formula.
GainedLearningPoints = FLOOR( ItemBasePoints * POW( SQRT(2)/1), R) )

0) 550
1) 388
2) 275
3) 194
4) 137
-) etc.

This post is ancient enough that I believe you've raised a mummy. If you'd like to make a new one about the formula you worked out and maybe compare it to some in game inspirationals you're welcome to though.
Sevenless

Postby Procne » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm

MvGulik wrote:Read the major posts on LA, and I'm missing the part that the LA decrease is related to SQRT(2).

Think this is a matching formula.
GainedLearningPoints = FLOOR( ItemBasePoints * POW( SQRT(2)/1), R) )

0) 550
1) 388
2) 275
3) 194
4) 137
-) etc.

I think there is some typo with that formula. It would indicate that gained LP grows expotentially.

I guess you meant:
LP gained from N-th (N starting from 1) item = FLOOR( ItemBasePoints * POW( SQRT(1/2), N-1))

And
Summarical LP gained from N items = FLOOR (ItemBasePoints * (1- POW( SQRT(1/2), N)) / (1- SQRT(1/2))
Procne

Previous

Return to Help!