Mines

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Mines

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Superiodity wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Superiodity wrote:(no paying for extending the claim and a pretty safe location unless people make a habit of searching mines)

its usually worth checking them out.

But still, you could build a huge amount of walls and easily protect the mine since it's such a small area compared to the resources needed to build multiple walls for large claims.

(Sorry if this is going off topic, but it is mine related)

not much more really. Just as ez to get into
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Superiodity wrote:So having just a mine entrance above ground and building a giant base underground is a good idea?
(no paying for extending the claim and a pretty safe location unless people make a habit of searching mines)

Except that building most things inside a mine is an exploit. However, there's no saying that the current mining system is going to stay; if there is a new system, it will/won't be an exploit;.... Just don't expect anything you build there to be permanent. It could be nuked by the devs in the future.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Except most things can't be built in mines. And eventually farms aren't going to be buildable down there either. It's a bug they've been "getting around" to fixing for ages now.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Superiodity » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Shame, I wanted to play dungeon keeper.
Superiodity

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Well the mine system is going to be redone most likely. Your wish may yet come true.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby krikke93 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 pm

I think mines should be reworked alot, maybe foragables inside it? Like some kind of random minerals?
Or random air holes that you can only see if you discover them by mining out the walls. Maybe with some kind of possible loot inside? A treasure chest of some kind, an indian tomb, fossils.. My imagination is running wild o_O

Also, you can't build a claim inside your mine.
Walls should in my opinion.
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Postby Un1ted » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 am

Mines are okay how they are now, I'd rather see coding effort spent on above-ground mechanics than below.
Un1ted

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:50 am

Un1ted wrote:Mines are okay how they are now, I'd rather see coding effort spent on above-ground mechanics than below.

mining is terrible
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Droj » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 am

There needs to be mini games for pretty much every grindy boring repetitive task to keep people interested in the game.
Last edited by Droj on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby eschiver » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Ya, mining is pretty grindy at this point...
eschiver

PreviousNext

Return to Help!