Alchemical Mastery

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Alchemical Mastery

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Bluestone wrote:Purity nodes don't/won't exist if I understand the devs correctly. Instead they will slowly be adding other methods such as crafting to increase purity values.

Indeed.
loftar

Postby APXEOLOG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

loftar wrote:
Bluestone wrote:Purity nodes don't/won't exist if I understand the devs correctly. Instead they will slowly be adding other methods such as crafting to increase purity values.

Indeed.

You guys always surprise me with you interesting ideas :)
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Zombiemutant » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

No more purity nodes sounds like the right way to go.
Zombiemutant

Postby Arurra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah like that you have to craft to get it - you know - this being a crafting mmo and all ;)
Arurra

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm

loftar wrote:

Indeed.

This makes for a more interesting endgame over the idea of "walk around until you find the best node and then have a king-of-the-hill fight for it, forever".
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah now the endgame will be, lets break your walls and see how pure your **** is...oh what, you had super l33t pure stuff, why tyvm...have fun starting over nub !
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 pm

staxjax wrote:Yeah now the endgame will be, lets break your walls and see how pure your **** is...oh what, you had super l33t pure stuff, why tyvm...have fun starting over nub !

To be fair, haven was very much this. Because you could trash node purity by end world the high P nodes mostly stopped existing anyway. First thing that would happen is they get griefed.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Banok » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:26 pm

so i haven't played since they remove purity nodes, so was it actually possible to get more than 1.00 multiplier before via farming/gardening?
Banok

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 pm

That hasn't changed and it has always been possible. They just removed the random nodes from the world. IMO, they should have just been severely nerfed down so that there's at least something making the early game easier. Grinding out some of the proficiencies and gaining some humors is proving to be... a headache.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 am

Banok wrote:so i haven't played since they remove purity nodes, so was it actually possible to get more than 1.00 multiplier before via farming/gardening?

It is still very much possible to grind quality out of pots and crops. Raising purity in pots takes a lot longer because of the need for water..and the only water that exist atm is 0% pure. As for crops, I'll just say it depends on the fertilizers you are [not] using.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

PreviousNext

Return to Help!