Already "logged in" so can't play game

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Already "logged in" so can't play game

Postby anox » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello,

I'm getting a lot of crashes. I've been using Java 7 and Ender.
But that's not the point of this entry.

My game just crashed, and I'd like to log back in. But I can't. Indeed, I'm being told that I'm already logged in. As a result I'm stuck at the log in screen.

Any solution, besides restarting my computer?

Thanks.
anox

Re: Already "logged in" so can't play game

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Open task manager, force stop the javaw process.

And either switch to java 6 or stop using enders. It makes the game unbearable.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby anox » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:43 pm

It worked. Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
anox

Postby McMoody » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:26 am

Yes Ender has a problem with Java 7, i still use it a lot though. its a great client and i LOVE the height grid

One word of warning if you use Ender: Before you attack anything that can attack back, close and restart Enders as it likes to crash when you initiate combat and the client was running for a time.

With the time it takes to relog and get around the usual "already logged in" I have been KO'ed several times by beavers and once by a rabbit (which i can one hit, but on that occasion it chose to become a march hare ...outch)
McMoody

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:49 pm

McMoody wrote:Yes Ender has a problem with Java 7, i still use it a lot though. its a great client and i LOVE the height grid

One word of warning if you use Ender: Before you attack anything that can attack back, close and restart Enders as it likes to crash when you initiate combat and the client was running for a time.

With the time it takes to relog and get around the usual "already logged in" I have been KO'ed several times by beavers and once by a rabbit (which i can one hit, but on that occasion it chose to become a march hare ...outch)

I've been playing this game for a good few months now. I tried to stick with java 7 but it ground me down. About a month ago I switched to java 6 and I've had absolutely no desire to go back.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Sevenless wrote:
McMoody wrote:Yes Ender has a problem with Java 7, i still use it a lot though. its a great client and i LOVE the height grid

I've been playing this game for a good few months now. I tried to stick with java 7 but it ground me down. About a month ago I switched to java 6 and I've had absolutely no desire to go back.

same. java 6 fixes everything
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Just to note: I have absolutely zero (0) problems with the default client and Java 7. I believe Ender found the bug in his code, but it's in the Java VM, so it's awaiting a fix from Sun/Oracle.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Dallane » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:31 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Just to note: I have absolutely zero (0) problems with the default client and Java 7. I believe Ender found the bug in his code, but it's in the Java VM, so it's awaiting a fix from Sun/Oracle.

Seems like its different for everyone. I couldn't get ender to work at all on java 7. 6 fired up no problem.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby masau » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:26 pm

I didn't have any problems running Ender's with openjdk7, but I only used it for a few days before switching to BD. I wonder if the bug mentioned is specific to sun's implementation or if I just happened to miss it during the first 2-3 days of playing (I probably crashed twice in that time - about the same frequency my friend crashed during that time, and about the same frequency I crash with BD).
masau

Return to Help!