Question on Influence Modifier

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Question on Influence Modifier

Postby Pjotr84 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 pm

In order to get high-tier Cotton, I've been rotating my crops, as explained in the Wiki article. After 4 complete rotations I still haven't gotten better Cotton, however. I always raise the influence to at least 300%, since I figured that should be enough. Am I overlooking something or does it just take a while?
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Re: Question on Influence Modifier

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 pm

You need to have more than 75 in both the cabbage and cereal bars to be able to get the highest tier cotton (sea island). If you have over 50 in the cabbage influence bar you will get one kind of second tier cotton, and if you have over 50 in the cereal bar you will get the other kind of second tier cotton. I dont remember which one gives which, either indian or egyptian.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Pjotr84 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Ok, thanks. So the bars have to be quite high. Is there any way to influence the influence bar in such a manner that it maximizes the bars needed by cotton by letting the other crops take away less of that particular bar?

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:08 pm

When you harvest a crop it pulls 5 points from all other influence bars and there is no way to prevent this from happening. If you have 600% influence, it will raise that crops influence bar by 30 points. Example:

cabbage
600->30
600->60
800->100

cereal
600->30
600->60
600->90

At this point you will have 85 in cabbage (red) bar, and 90 in cereal (green) bar. Then you can plant cotton 3 times to harvest the highest tier cottons before having to raise the influence again. After that you will have only 70 in cabbage and 75 in cereal which is not enough to yield sea island cotton. This is just a suggestion for doing it the easy way without spending all of your time gathering or buying hay.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 am

staxjax wrote:When you harvest a crop it pulls 5 points from all other influence bars and there is no way to prevent this from happening. If you have 600% influence, it will raise that crops influence bar by 30 points.

Thought it was 10% base and went to only 5% when you got Three Field System.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 am

Three fields only influences the bonus of fertilizers you put on the field. Nothing else.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Pjotr84 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks, Staxjax. That made it perfectly clear.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Return to Help!