Re: Compost Bin Purity: Oh crap, how do earthworms work?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Re: Compost Bin Purity: Oh crap, how do earthworms work?

Postby wiatrak » Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 pm

ok worms are crap if you dont have high purity compost bin.

The diffrence between 90% pythons compared to 30% ones with my 3% bin is ~0,05 elemental value of the main element.

edit: 0% pythons + 1 20%, efficiency 100% yeld 1,07 humus.
wiatrak
Customer

Postby n0kturnal » Mon May 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks for comfirming that purity worms do nothing without a purity bin.

So the average noob must figure out how to get higher purity wood. Then they realize they have to grow it. Then they realize they need high quality clay, lime and granite for a clay pot. Then they realize they need high purity water and some player bought humus to get better then 1% pure wood. Then they realize Jorbar are trolls and that grief stricken tears fuel their diabolic souls.
n0kturnal

Postby wiatrak » Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 pm

What can i say without writing any formula's just observations:

Having worms(atleast pythons, i dont care about worms, previous tests had shown that 100% worms are worse than 90% pythons) higher than compost purity gives: humus purity = compost purity + 1

Having worms lower than compost purity gives crap.

When we speak about elemental values they change a lot(with current system 3% diffrence between elemental values other than main element is nice and allows to do some alchemy work but alchemy sucks for now)

Still 4% food from farming seems to be a %#!@%, the only hope is that higher tiered foods will yeld much more gluttony values.

Instead of farming go and look for high purity meat! =P
wiatrak
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 pm

I still say you should make a mix of worms that average out at the various purity thresholds and see how much of their juice they contribute to the humus :D You have the technology, you can make our formulas better!! The million silver formula.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby wiatrak » Mon May 06, 2013 11:23 pm

Ok, pay my stall then so i don't have to care about finding silver and can focus on humus =P
wiatrak
Customer

Postby vitaalt » Mon May 06, 2013 11:27 pm

wiatrak wrote:What can i say without writing any formula's just observations:

Having worms(atleast pythons, i dont care about worms, previous tests had shown that 100% worms are worse than 90% pythons) higher than compost purity gives: humus purity = compost purity + 1

Having worms lower than compost purity gives crap.

When we speak about elemental values they change a lot(with current system 3% diffrence between elemental values other than main element is nice and allows to do some alchemy work but alchemy sucks for now)

Still 4% food from farming seems to be a %#!@%, the only hope is that higher tiered foods will yeld much more gluttony values.

Instead of farming go and look for high purity meat! =P

Thanks for your contribution!
Still working on my 0% wood and 4% worms......
crap!
vitaalt

Postby mdm20 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 pm

n0kturnal wrote:So the average noob must figure out how to get higher purity wood. Then they realize they have to grow it. Then they realize they need high quality clay, lime and granite for a clay pot. Then they realize they need high purity water and some player bought humus to get better then 1% pure wood. Then they realize Jorbar are trolls and that grief stricken tears fuel their diabolic souls.

It's taken me around a month to get to 1% trees, starting with 0% humus. Alchemy helps a little bit, but not a whole lot. The best pot I've made is 6%, and the best water I've found is 6%, so I'm guessing my tree's will max out around 6% eventually.
mdm20

Postby lachlaan » Tue May 07, 2013 12:11 am

wiatrak wrote:Ok, pay my stall then so i don't have to care about finding silver and can focus on humus =P

I guess we can just wing it afterall xD Still, thanks for all the info so far :) your 90% worm data has helped a lot along the way, and at least I get the general idea of how it works. I still insist that you could probably get better results from your 90% worms if you find the right amount of watering down.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby wiatrak » Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 am

The last test i left for a night:
0% pythons, 96% efficiency resulted in 0% humus, diffrence between not using worms and 0% ones on the main element is 0,26.

So to clarify things:

* Purity of humus is hardly softcapped by compost bin(max you can get is purity of bin +1)
* The 100% efficiency cap isn't working, you can get a slightly better result making a special combination of worms/pythons(didn't figure it out, but loftar has confrimed to me that the 100% efficiency cap does not work as we think)
* Diffrence between using 30% pythons compared to 90% ones results in 0,04 diffrence on main element
* Producing humus over 10% for a newbie will take around 6 months(if there will be atleast 1 tree in every generation to sprout), working with the alchemy things to max out the effect(but still alchemy sucks for now)

My thoughts:

"We need to go deeper" - Looking on the elemental values the best combination to max out purity of the humus would be producing boards/worms focused on the same main element and matching the other ones together(i mean having salt/lead boards and salt/mercury worms will result in slightly worse humus than you were using salt/lead worms)

Any questions?
wiatrak
Customer

Postby vitaalt » Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

wiatrak wrote:compost bin with 3% boards

Without worms - 0% purity 1,03 m. 28,93/23,25/23,41/24,39

With pythons 90%+ - 4% purity 1,38 m. 40,41/19,16/19,31/21,13

Have fun grinding, im out from tests and farming for now

One question...I'm lost...
Does the 1.38 somehow resemble the average pythons you have?
Sorry, I've no clue what the multiplier for 90%+ would be....like 1.8x?
I'm interest in knowing how the average pythons multiplier influence the humus ones...
do you what I mean? Sorry, English is not my first language..I have trouble putting words together :oops:
Thanks!!!
vitaalt

PreviousNext

Return to Help!