This is pathetic. How is this allowed?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

This is pathetic. How is this allowed?

Postby lillli » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 am

We got booted out of our claim by someone coming along and putting up a town claim which demolishes our claim and gives the property to them. I would like to rant and rave a bit but that seems useless. How can this be allowed. It is like they are on some freaking religous crusade with a bunck of st george flags all over the property. We made a damn good claim there and worked it for over 2 years. How do I take it back and survive?
lillli

Re: This is pathetic. How is this allowed?

Postby TheDuke86 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:42 am

You first have to create a town bell and make a town. Then you need to create a waste claim and destroy the enemy TB.

Just rebuild, stay small until you are able to build a town bell then expand. Good luck
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Dallane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:55 am

Should of made a town.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chrumps » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 am

lillli wrote:We got booted out of our claim by someone coming along and putting up a town claim which demolishes our claim and gives the property to them. I would like to rant and rave a bit but that seems useless. How can this be allowed. It is like they are on some freaking religous crusade with a bunck of st george flags all over the property. We made a damn good claim there and worked it for over 2 years. How do I take it back and survive?

You had two years to learn how eminent domain mechanics works and you did not learn. I believe you also had stuff worth more than 20k silver (likely more than 40k if they decided to ED) so you could also easily afford a town claim. You can blame only yourself for your failure. While I am not a fan of how ED mechanics works now, it is what it is and you have to learn to live with it.

I hope your story will warn other people who may be attacked in the same way. The ED trick is very old thing.

What can you do now:
- Drop an alt near your old place, maybe some day those claims would run out of silver and you will be able to pick some leftovers.
- Walk away, at very least for an hour, the more the better, best use a cricket. Find a new place further away from Providence. Most people live close to the central town and that's where criminals are looking for prey.
- Your chars if they are still alive are your most valuable asset. It will be much easier to build new base with developed chars.
- pave as little as you have to,
- if your base is in a less accessible place, like somewhere between ridge zones, chances are at least some scouts would choose easier path and go elsewhere, being less visible is good.

What you can do later:
- have a town,
- keep at least part of your silver in bank or in a stall,
- do not keep cash shop items outside, visible to everyone.

Good luck.
Chrumps

Postby black89hawk » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:35 am

some days was people who dont understand deep details about claim telling me that if you have huge pclaim then no need for town claim

that too wrong town claim since build close pclaim no matter if that pclaim so huge then the way to remove pclaim is make town claim biger than pclaim easy then start end that pclaim

so be careful and good luck
black89hawk

Postby lillli » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:39 am

We were not anywhere near Providence. We were killed off more than once and rebuilt each time. All our buildings were destroyed more than once and we rebuilt. There was one large town that we found after a very long day of exploring in a straight line. Most of the occupants in that town were killed off by the maruding bands and their defenses destroyed. There was not a group of us playing, only 2 and that did not warrant a town. One would have thought a decent person would have settled near by and discussed making the area a town. But I guess there never was a decent person playing in this game. At least not near us. Possibly not anywhere in Salem. As everyone around us is dead. Every new person that attempted to live near us were killed off before they even learned the game.

WE took our cue from the losses we found after the last band of killers killed off most of that town. We built wall upon wall and made defensive items to kill anyone who encrouched on our property. WE locked all our fences This should have been more than enough. Yet as with everything in this game a thief can take it all just because he can. Not because he needs it but just because he is a gutless bully who is no doubt the same in life as he is in this game.

If the person who took over this claim had more to offer than being a bully and a thief I would see this differently

By having mechanics such as this where a person cannot live peacefully by taking beyond reasonable actions to secure their person and property only to wake up and find themselves naked in Providence. Where is there any recourse to this. I could rebuild. But my companion will not and what fun is this game if you play it alone. Alone it is boring and dull thus the input of the roving bands. But what happens if you keep killing off those players that are industrous, Those that have stalls? those that travel with the domestic animals. You wind up with a game of full of people that are worthless. I have tracked the statistics of this game and they are not good. Over the past 2 years there has been a steady decline in the number of players. With alts counting as actual players and with each supsequent log in in a day that falsley makes the statistics higher. I logged in an out an average of 10-15 times a day with multiple characters. You do the math on what that does to those statistics. Without someway to survive this game is going to die. As far as half my team is concerned it is.

So tell me why is this worth my time and effort to rebuild yet again. I see no upside to there being no possiblity of dying of old age or insanity in this game.
lillli

Postby Dallane » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:03 am

[quote="lillli"
So tell me why is this worth my time and effort to rebuild yet again. I see no upside to there being no possiblity of dying of old age or insanity in this game.[/quote]

Why not hire someone to get revenge? Interact with the community and see if anyone is looking for more players or helping you restart a settlement. The biggest draw of this game is meeting people and working together.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Ronch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 am

Dalane is right, there are plenty of good folks still playing Salem that would be more than willing to help you two out in a variety of different ways, "if you ask, or even hinted that you would accept help".

Look,
You have already dismissed the most valuable advice offered to you here by several generous players, about upgrading to a Town.
And, your loss has also driven you to now insult Salem's entire player community here on this thread of yours.
...I felt for you over your loss when I first read your plight yesterday, but now I am wondering if whoever did this to you already knew you much, much better than I do so far.

You are extremely wrong in your stubborn presumption that Towns are just for larger groups of players.
I play solo most of the time in Salem, rarely my Lady and her Son will be playing with me, but our main base has a Town Bell. The reason(s) being are:
...The most attractive benefit to paying the large initial cost of a Town Bell is that you will get at least a 24 hour notice or warning before another player can attack your Town -vs- no notice or warning at all from an attack on your now-gone Pclaim.
...And (this is the big-one) no one can Eminent-Domain your Town-claim, as did happened to your Pclaim this week.
...Towns also cost a little bit less per day in silver than the same sized Pclaim does or will.

I hope you have what it takes to give it one more try, just relocate somewhere far away and start off with a Town Bell this time. Then, later add a Pclaim inside of it for even better defensive advantage(s) if you still think it is necessary.

Good luck
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby lillli » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 am

While I appreciate the sentiment of getting someone for revenge. I have not found anyone around us. When you try to make contact with someone in game they run away or ignore you. If it is here in the forum I have not found it. Any suggestions where? Are there fighters for hire.
lillli

Postby Ronch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:05 am

lillli wrote:While I appreciate the sentiment of getting someone for revenge. I have not found anyone around us. When you try to make contact with someone in game they run away or ignore you. If it is here in the forum I have not found it. Any suggestions where? Are there fighters for hire.

I'm not positive, but the House of Burgesses board looks like a good place going by it's content description.
...I remember Dalane or Rif mentioning a while back too that this was once where folks would or could hire bounty-hunter/rangers, or maybe even help with man-power in an effort to recapture your claim.

For help like re-building and such, I would just ask here on the help board.
...Whatever you decide,
I'd be happy to donate supplies to rebuild or quicken your reestablishment on the map. (PM me here)
I don't have very effective offensive pvp characters built yet, or I'd be happy to help you in the pvp area too.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Next

Return to Help!