Slave Keys

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Slave Keys

Postby Carca » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm

If I make a slave key on my main and pass it to an alt on another account (without attuning it), can that alt then attune the slave key to an alt on the main account? or can it only be attuned by the character that made the key?
Carca

Re: Slave Keys

Postby MaxPlanck » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm

The key can only be attuned if the user can use the key. Someone with a red key may not attune it because they cannot use it in the first place.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Carca » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Thx Max
So I will need to make a master copy with my main account then give that to my alt account who can then make slave copies and attune the alts on my main's account?
Is that the best way to get keys to my alts on my main account without involving other players or using forced log offs?
Carca

Postby Telcular » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 am

The time to login is very quick, and if you just close the game by pressing the X, then your char stays logged in for abit, around a minute or so i think.
The way i´ve done it, is have the 2 characters logged off at the same place, log in on the toon that needs a key, and then press the X to close down.
Then instantly start up the game again and log into the main toon. If you´re quick, there should be plenty of time to attune the key to your other char while it´s slowly logging out.
Then you just place the now-attuned key somewhere, log over to the slave char again and pick up the key, and done.
Telcular

Postby Ghoul » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:19 am

Telcular wrote:The time to login is very quick, and if you just close the game by pressing the X, then your char stays logged in for abit, around a minute or so i think.
The way i´ve done it, is have the 2 characters logged off at the same place, log in on the toon that needs a key, and then press the X to close down.
Then instantly start up the game again and log into the main toon. If you´re quick, there should be plenty of time to attune the key to your other char while it´s slowly logging out.
Then you just place the now-attuned key somewhere, log over to the slave char again and pick up the key, and done.

type ":lo" to logout without closing the client
don't use chat to type this, make sure chat is not selected then type ":" and you will see a blue/cyan ":" appear. then type "lo" (short for log out) then press enter
ur now 1337 salem haxxor

EDIT:
Oh ya, here's that thread with the ****** title that doesn't at all advertise that it has hotkeys or other useful info
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=507
"How to UI" such a good title very nice
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Return to Help!