FAQ - Weird Happenings? Confused? Check Here First

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: FAQ - Weird Happenings? Confused? Check Here First

Postby Cnidaria » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 pm

My ore smelter is missing. Is it liftable? Did someone take it or destroy it, or does it sometimes just disappear? Nothing else was taken or messed with.
Cnidaria

Postby Reviresco » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.
Reviresco

Postby Cnidaria » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Reviresco wrote:Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.

it was above-ground, not in a claim, so it must have decayed. Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing it was my own stupidity, not someone else being a jerk. Do fields also decay if not on a claim? Is there a list somewhere of all things that decay, or just everything you build?
Cnidaria

Postby Reviresco » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Cnidaria wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Was it above-ground (not in a mine) and not on a claim (personal and/or town claim)? If so, pretty sure it can decay away like most structures.

it was above-ground, not in a claim, so it must have decayed. Thank you for your reply. I feel better knowing it was my own stupidity, not someone else being a jerk. Do fields also decay if not on a claim? Is there a list somewhere of all things that decay, or just everything you build?

Fields don't decay, though if they're not on a claim some troll can destroy them easily with salt. claim over them, steal your crops, etc.

Mine entrances never decay, regardless of being on a claim or not. You should really have your mine walled-in inside your claim. People can get into it and log out, and then you have a huge problem.

Other structures that don't decay....hmmm....mine entrances are the only thing that comes to mind, but maybe I'm just forgetting some.

On a somewhat related note, don't leave things like mannequins, piggy banks, beds, etc., outside of a house above-ground, even if they're on a claim. They can still decay. I'm not sure how being in a mine affects, though I know people put beds in mines, so maybe you don't get out-of-house household item decay.
Reviresco

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:30 am

If you can only build it inside a house, then it must be in a house in order to not decay. If you build a house, build indoor only furniture in it, and then destroy the house, you will have to build a new house and put those things back indoors if you want to keep them.

Outdoor items will not decay in a mine, but indoor items will decay in a mine.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help!