What Happened To All The Iron

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

What Happened To All The Iron

Postby joshnpk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:22 pm

I've recently just started playing Salem again and the last time I played back in around April last year lots of player run stalls had pig iron for sale for around 60-100 silver. When I checked last night there were only two stalls that were selling pig iron, one for 180 silver which is only 20 silver cheap than at the NPC stall, and another that had it for 240 silver but this was around 50% purity. Why does it seem no one sells pig iron at their stalls anymore? I've checked everyday for the past week and no one has put any up for sale, I don't understand why this is as I'm sure it's something that will always be in demand from new players.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Re: What Happened To All The Iron

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Because alloying stat is broken and people don't want to sell their iron for close to the same price as to what it was sold before it broke.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby alicecat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Alloying does not work right now -->> to produce the same amount of iron you need now more resources -->> that basically leads to higher prices

Demand goes down(people make iron instead of buying) and you see less iron in stalls. At least that is what i think :P
alicecat

Postby Reviresco » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Also, of the four major iron traders I can recall in the past, one was destroyed and two seem to have gone inactive.
Reviresco

Postby Taipion » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Reviresco wrote:Also, of the four major iron traders I can recall in the past, one was destroyed and two seem to have gone inactive.

So the iron age is over? :D

Maybe a good idea to fill the gap and start some iron business.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby joshnpk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:34 am

Taipion wrote:
Reviresco wrote:Also, of the four major iron traders I can recall in the past, one was destroyed and two seem to have gone inactive.

So the iron age is over? :D

Maybe a good idea to fill the gap and start some iron business.

Yes it is as even if players make there own iron instead of buying it every new player will need at least 3 bars to start their mining operation.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby alicecat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 am

If you want to start your mining operation you buy iron from goverment because G is offering iron under the equilibirum price right now.
alicecat

Postby Dallane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Taipion wrote:Maybe a good idea to fill the gap and start some iron business.

Iron was always the go to thing to put on my stall. I could never keep it or nails in stock.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Return to Help!