Base defense advice

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Base defense advice

Postby raujika » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 am

Hi. I've got six torchposts covering any point in my stonehedge wall, soon to be a brick wall. I can easily add 6 more torchposts as well, my question is how much is enough? Will 12 torchposts and a brick wall deter everyone, or should I add in a few braziers as well? I want to be able to keep out even tough raiders, bar those who have a personal vendetta against me and are absolutely desperate to break into my base (I'm aware that if someone strong really wants to get in, they will).
raujika
Customer

Re: Base defense advice

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 am

If you're working on brick walls, you absolutely should have many braziers by now. Torchposts are for newbies and for bolstering your brazier defenses. People see a brick wall going up, they know you have resources and things to steal, a few torchposts won't deter them.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

lets not forget a townbell

a wise man told me it doesnt matter how much defense you have people can ALWAYS steal from you better defenses just make it harder and harder.
Heffernan

Postby raujika » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Heffernan wrote:lets not forget a townbell

a wise man told me it doesnt matter how much defense you have people can ALWAYS steal from you better defenses just make it harder and harder.

Is a town bell necessary? I'm a hermit living on a 20x20 claim of a pilgrim hovel and some chests, that sounds really expensive to me.

Also, another question, do I need to leave spaces between my braziers?
raujika
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:47 pm

raujika wrote:
Heffernan wrote:lets not forget a townbell

Is a town bell necessary? I'm a hermit living on a 20x20 claim of a pilgrim hovel and some chests, that sounds really expensive to me.

Also, another question, do I need to leave spaces between my braziers?

I've never had a townbell when I was hermitting. It gives you some extra defense in that they'll have to put down a waste claim to raid. It also prevents someone from putting a town bell on your claim themselves and using that to remove your claim. If your claim doesn't look too rich not many will bother, though. Most of the time, unless you're a political target or you have a very rich looking claim, you don't need a townbell if you're not using it for its intended purpose of forming a town.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Return to Help!