Is this considering trolling?

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Re: Is this considering trolling?

Postby Synnestry » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 am

Until you are able to make stone hedge, plank walls, brick walls, torch posts, braziers lay low and look no worth anyones time. Use everything you gather as you gather it. Don't store anything for a long period of time.

What you want is an outter layer of stone hedge, then plank walls inside, then inside that brick walls. Inside that, place a torch post, then brazier, torch post, brazier, etc. THEN inside that make an exact replica surrounding your 'vault'. Lock all gates, close all gates behind yourself unless you apply springs.

Sounds to me like you really just need to pick up and move. If they are just killing cause they can, it probably will not stop until you do the above anyway.

Mind you, even after all of this, if people want in they will still get in. It just makes it more time consuming is all. When you're easy prey, its a few minutes of time for a few minutes of fun.
As if I care.
Synnestry

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 am

It sounds like popham, are you in popham? because that server is supposed to be hardcore pvp-hardcore groups server... While providence is safer just for the size of the map
Last edited by Nikixos on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby alioli93 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 am

I actually had no idea about that - I joined Popham because it was new really - i know it says "not for the weak" but I just assumed that to be PvE elements.

Also - pigs <3
alioli93
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 am

alioli93 wrote:I actually had no idea about that - I joined Popham because it was new really - i know it says "not for the weak" but I just assumed that to be PvE elements.

Also - pigs <3

Yeah, since the map is so small you encounter people far easier, baaaad people most of the time. Also cannons only exist in popham, they wreck entire bases per shot.
Once the server is over domestic animals will arrive to providence but if you are in for the thrill nothing stops you XD
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby alioli93 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am

I see - gonna talk to my friends about moving to Providence then :) thanks.
It was a thrilling experience, although - it went from thrilling to daunting when they started playing with us. At first there was some awesome RP involved so, I'm not that upset over it (anymore)
Shake it off and start again :P
alioli93
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:01 am

alioli93 wrote:I see - gonna talk to my friends about moving to Providence then :) thanks.
It was a thrilling experience, although - it went from thrilling to daunting when they started playing with us. At first there was some awesome RP involved so, I'm not that upset over it (anymore)
Shake it off and start again :P

Well you also need an established base in providence if you want to bring your animals from the expedition, Providence is more carebear, if you want to stay safe and learn the game and learn to defend yourself, play in providence :D But both servers are fun honestly :lol:

Shrapnel wrote: but dont spam then, because they start doing less damage if they overlap.

Spamming is encouraged, they do more or less the same damage but what you want is the critical hit chance, which is acomplished by lots of torchposts and braziers.

A torchpost/brazier does very little black bile damage, but Criticals hit like a truck, and each torchpost/brazier has a chance to crit.
Also you want all your wall segments covered, or raiders will simply drink tea and break down your walls if there's nothing shooting at them, or if there's a corner with very few defenses.
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Shrapnel wrote:
alioli93 wrote:
Multiple posts are recommended, but dont spam then, because they start doing less damage if they overlap.

Nope, that mechanic is long gone from the game already.
Rifmaster

Previous

Return to Help!