You have no homestead to travel to

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

You have no homestead to travel to

Postby Bjebr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 am

Hello ,

One of my alt got this message today when he tries to travel to his base (small one with a stone claim but without town bell).

Does it mean it has been raided/destroyed ? Or that I just forgot to pay the upkeep ?

Bjebr
Bjebr

Re: You have no homestead to travel to

Postby Thor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:37 am

It means your leanto has decayed or destroyed. Or that your personal claim has been expired and destroyed.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby Bjebr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 am

I think I found what happened : I got some suspicious cash at the banker office , so someone probably put a town bell above my small P-Claim ... Not sure it was worth it ^^

@Thor : I think that you can still travel from an expired Stake-claim , but I'm not sure.

Bjer
Bjebr

Postby Kandarim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:23 am

yes you can, but anyone could destroy it in that state.
If you have silver in your bank account then yes, your claim was belled.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Feone » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:13 am

It's a pitty pclaims are so vulnerable to anyone willing to put down some silver.

Imo towns should not be able to take over pclaims unless the town is at least a (few) week(s) old.
Feone

Postby Procne » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:21 am

Feone wrote:It's a pitty pclaims are so vulnerable to anyone willing to put down some silver.

Imo towns should not be able to take over pclaims unless the town is at least a (few) week(s) old.

If your claim is big enough then it might not be worth it to declaim it. If there is something precious on your claim, which would make others want to get rid of it then at least work a bit harder to protect it.
If it's not big enough then there is no big loss. And even if it wasn't possible to declaim that easily you should still expect murderers camping such claim to get rid of the owner.
Declaiming is simply a non-lethal way of saying GTFO
Procne

Postby Feone » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 am

Procne wrote:
Feone wrote:It's a pitty pclaims are so vulnerable to anyone willing to put down some silver.

If your claim is big enough then it might not be worth it to declaim it. If there is something precious on your claim, which would make others want to get rid of it then at least work a bit harder to protect it.
If it's not big enough then there is no big loss. And even if it wasn't possible to declaim that easily you should still expect murderers camping such claim to get rid of the owner.
Declaiming is simply a non-lethal way of saying GTFO

Oh I'm not complaining about the feature. It's good that towns have the option of kicking out pclaims. I just think placing a town for the sole purpose of dropping a pclaim is unintended. A delay would at least give the pclaim owner the chance to see it coming and respond.
Feone

Postby alloin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 pm

One of my clients showed me this yesterday

He thought the place looked suspicious enough to take a look inside, and he said it was worth it :mrgreen:
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Bjebr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

That was the place :)

But still not sure it was worth it , one turkey around 47 sulphur (and around 40 turkeys low purity) , 3 trees around 43.5 sulphur (9% purity) , 25 pressure cooker ¦] , a copper mine around 60 sulphur 20% purity , 2 set of worm around 38 sulphur/38lead , some compost bin (best one around 14% purity 42 sulphur-lead) , 4 field T3 , 2 gardening pot (one 44/36 and one 46/26) and i think that's all :D

For around 4000 silver ?

Bjebr
Last edited by Bjebr on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bjebr

Postby alloin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Bjebr wrote:That was the place :)

But still not sure it was worth it , one turkey around 47 sulphur (and around 40 turkeys low purity) , 3 trees around 43.5 sulphur (9% purity) , 25 pressure cooker ¦] , a copper mine around 60 sulphur , 2 set of worm around 38 sulphur/38lead , some compost bin (best one around 14% purity 42 sulphur-lead) , 4 field T3 , 2 gardening pot (one 44/36 and one 46/26) and i think that's all :D

For around 4000 silver ?

Bjebr

I bought most of it :D
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Next

Return to Help!