Town size

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Town size

Postby Propulsion » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:18 am

Looking for info on how much area a town bell covers. Also looking for info on how my pclaim will work with town bell.
Propulsion

Re: Town size

Postby Frakked » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:23 am

1. My info is outdated in the extreme... but tooltip for bell indicated you will claim an area 51 squares in every direction from bell... that's N, E, W, S...

Pclaim within gives you additional influence over that area.

Lean toos created by other town members... you can destroy them w/o leaving scents... I assume that goes for Bell itself as well... and then you can put up your own Bell... to coup the current mayor if you choose too.

Pclaim on town claim gives you rights of destruction without scents...

Same note... you create a town... and someone else creates a pclaim covering the Bell when you are Mayor... then they could do the same to you... remove and eject you from power for a bit of silver... and there is nothing at all you can do about it after...
Frakked

Postby Mereni » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Frakked wrote:1. My info is outdated in the extreme... but tooltip for bell indicated you will claim an area 51 squares in every direction from bell... that's N, E, W, S...

Pclaim within gives you additional influence over that area.

Lean toos created by other town members... you can destroy them w/o leaving scents... I assume that goes for Bell itself as well... and then you can put up your own Bell... to coup the current mayor if you choose too.

Pclaim on town claim gives you rights of destruction without scents...

Same note... you create a town... and someone else creates a pclaim covering the Bell when you are Mayor... then they could do the same to you... remove and eject you from power for a bit of silver... and there is nothing at all you can do about it after...

Your information is extremely out of date and dangerous to be giving out. Stop it.

The area covered is 101x101 with the extra 1 being at the location where you planted the signpost for your bell. So, the area can be measured as 51 squares in each cardinal direction when you always count the square you placed the singpost for you bell on as the first square.

If you place a Pclaim in the same land you place the bell, you can not only assign permissions on the town claim to citizens, but also assign players permissions on your pclaim based on kin color. Pclaim trumps town claim permissions when both claims exist.

People can't put a pclaim over your bell in order to remove you and eject you from power. Bell's can't be destroyed until they run out of silver, and all you have to do to prevent that is keep putting silver in them. People can't put pclaims over your town claim at all unless you give them 'manage permissions', which is something you should not give out all willy nilly.

Pclaims do let you destroy things without scents, because you now own them. Of course, citizens in a town can destroy things without leaving scents as well because they are citizens. Don't invite random people into your town and you'll be fine. You even have the 'trial member' option now that doesn't let new members destroy or build anything until a month has passed and you've had time to decide how you feel about them.

If you need more details on how Pclaim interacts with town claim, you can PM me.
Mereni

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Mereni wrote:[People can't put pclaims over your town claim at all unless you give them 'manage permissions', which is something you should not give out all willy nilly.

Its now 'Claim private land'.
DarkNacht

Postby Mereni » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
Mereni wrote:[People can't put pclaims over your town claim at all unless you give them 'manage permissions', which is something you should not give out all willy nilly.

Its now 'Claim private land'.

That's right, it's now even more difficult to be screwed over by your town mates. I need to update all this crap on the wiki. :/
Mereni

Return to Help!