Can't find an iron node

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Can't find an iron node

Postby porcobuddha » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:16 pm

I bought 50% dowsing rods the other day, wandered ( in the darkness) for at least 4 hours but still can't find an iron/copper node to build the mine entrance.
Yes, I use alternate prospecting from Latikai client, but the green arrow keep pointing only north and south every time without a clear direction...
porcobuddha

Re: Can't find an iron node

Postby Suffragium » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Sometimes you just have bad luck. To find mines 50% plus is a tough challenge.
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby porcobuddha » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Should I keep following the green arrow or just my instinct?
porcobuddha

Postby Frakked » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Several factors at work here.

1. Your MM skill level.
2. The purity ratio of the rod you are using
3. Location
4. Methodology

I always advice folks to stop and wait for rod to 'catch up' every minute or so. Give the arrow a chance to chance direction rather than just wander aimlessly.

If you don't have a 'hit'... don't prospect continuously... move to another grid at hike speed... then prospect again... waiting every so often for rod to see a node...

Try other rods... there's mines all over...

I would also suggest that if you find a lesser node... you still make a rod from it. Rods have a +/- range. If your 50% can see a node... and your 40% (for example) rod can or can't see it... that will give you a heads up whether it's better or worse that what you are looking for.

I have 33 rods myself for 3 elements... I don't build Mine Shafts much anymore... since every time I find one... I check the node with a lesser rod... and when I still get a hit... and move on
Frakked

Postby Kandarim » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm

you should not follow the green arrows if they are in that north/south position. As soon as the green arrows move away from eachother though, you have locked onto a mine.

And yes, it can easily take that long to find such a pure mine.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby porcobuddha » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 pm

thanks guys i'll follow your advices
porcobuddha

Postby Catote » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Im a complete newbie.
Have bought 2x leather. Crafted myself a woo-woo. Have been walking around for 2-3 hours now. Have found 5 well sites.
Not a single ore mine. Any tips?

I noticed a claimed mine did NOT appear. Either because it was claimed or because there were a well site right nearby.
Catote

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Catote wrote:Im a complete newbie.
Have bought 2x leather. Crafted myself a woo-woo. Have been walking around for 2-3 hours now. Have found 5 well sites.
Not a single ore mine. Any tips?

I noticed a claimed mine did NOT appear. Either because it was claimed or because there were a well site right nearby.

You don't get to see all mines while prospecting, just some of them based on the type of wand/rod and its purity. Keep searching you will find a mine eventually.
DarkNacht

Postby Frakked » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Also- if a node has been built and destoryed...even if you can see the noce via woowoo or rod... Once a Mine Node has been destroyed via deliberate action or decay..IT CAN NEVER BE RECOVERED. NEVER.

Deslect prospecting and walk on for 5-10 min... and then start over... if arrow leads you back... then hike another 10 min elsewhere[/size]
Frakked

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Frakked wrote:Also- if a node has been built and destoryed...even if you can see the noce via woowoo or rod...Once a Mine Node has been destroyed via deliberate action or decay..IT CAN NEVER BE RECOVERED. NEVER.

What the ***** are you talking about, last I checked you can not use destroy on a mine and they don't decay.
DarkNacht

Next

Return to Help!