Meat/berry/mushroom combinations

Ask and answer any and all questions pertaining to Salem's game-play.

Meat/berry/mushroom combinations

Postby Bearcub » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:14 pm

For the beginning not too much, but later I'd add some more variations on that thread.

Humble Meat Pie
First page illustrates the best meat pie cooked with barley (looks nice I think). The rye one is slightly worse. And the winner of the day is made of wheat (there supposed to be a smile with fancy cap)
I tried to place pies in the order of decreasing the output. On the 4th line is an example about absence of necessity in order of meat (no mater is the cut or shreds of exact animal).
Image Image Image

Wildberry pie
Here you can see different effects from wild berries. Also the obvious thing is those red berries (can't check the name becase the crash of server) are counted as defolt/mixed berries, so you won't get any special effect from cooking 'em.
Barley gives 1,05 to phlegm (so if you cook it with nice blackberries you'll get the best). With rye it goes even better.

Mushroom pie
Lavender blewit is the most profitable shroom (I miss my witch's hats). Cooking with barley you get more phlegm, so as additional could be very useful sometimes. Rye seems both nice for yb and phlegm. Wheat is slightly better then rye one, but just slightly

Tenderboiled Terrine
The order is: snake/rabbit/deer/beaver/turkey/bear. Not finished- have to wait for another bulb to cook with bear (you can help if you have it cooked)

Wild stuff (published by mosyo_meurseult and updated)

Cabbage rolls
I was really dissatisfied by the bear's result. Not even restory, no profit compared to other meat (you may only see slight growth on yb). Here are 2 nice options to cook it- you gain full yb cooking it with colewortl and bear; if you cook it with beaver and green cabbage- you gain middle blood/yb.

Here are the cabbage rolls with white cabbage. There's pretty much no reason to make these. It seems like white cabbage gives a small boost to black bile, but cabbage rolls don't give black bile. (thanks to Tammer)

Dried/Roasted fish (Thanks to iamah and updated)

Some unvariable food
Next very different food. Beaver, deer, some french and curio one. Stuffed turkey aswell

Roasted meat (Thanks to iamah)

Simple Sunday Steak / Plank Steak (Thanks to Tammer)

Aztec Abattoir

Shroom-stuffed belpepper

Cabbage cakes
It's hard to figure in all that variety, but I'd not look on red cabbage variations- not for blood nor the bb.

Cabbage crumbs
Not too reasonable to cook it with barley floor. IMO oatmeal's restore effect is better (meat, yummie!)

Pumpkins
Some nice pumpkins especially from the 3rd stage of the growth. 2nd stage of pumpkins is missing as some missing in 1st stage. (Thanks to lachlaan)

Pumpkin Pie
In order of decreasing output. Rye is not that bad, as it giving plus to shrooms (cause the efficency is almost the same)

Cabbage crush salad
I'll start here from saying that better avoid to cook it with cottonseed oil or pumpkinseed oil (no special effect ever).The thing here is that the best product for yb and blood is produced from golden corn. But the blue corn is much more useful if you're cooking for bb.

Corn pudding
There's the same trick about profit for yb and blood aswell as about bb on cabbage crush salad. The main thing here to know is- cornmeal never effect the final product (of course I'm not saying about purity), so even if you use golden cornmeal with bluecorn oil- the only bluecorn effect will appear.

Empire bluecakes
Goldencorn- yb. Bluecorn- phlegm. Also white corn is nice here for phlegm.

You also can publish screens here, I'll add them to the first message
Last edited by Bearcub on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Re: Meat/berry/mushroom combinations

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:02 am

Added cabbage rolls made of all kinds of meat (what a pity that march hare is counted for a common rabbit).
Coming soon:
lobster mushroom pies
venison cuisine
french cuisine
others...
Bearcub

Postby Jalpha » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:49 am

This is interesting data. If you can keep the numbers coming, we will modify the existing data on the wiki. Just waiting on an effective method for displaying the information as gluttony has become quite convoluted. People are looking at facing an information overload whenever they look up how to bake a pie.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:46 am

Very good! So, as I said- thread is open for every recipe. More information- closer the finish. Seems in that world devs removed the effect of tier products (can't be sure before cooking 'em, but expecting kinda colewort cabbage rolls=red cabbage rolls). Probably the difference will be only in those "reduce/restore" modifiers.
Bearcub

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Bearcub wrote:Added cabbage rolls made of all kinds of meat (what a pity that march hare is counted for a common rabbit).
Coming soon:
lobster mushroom pies
venison cuisine
french cuisine
others...

If the pattern from what you've shown so far holds I would expect lobster mushroom pie to have the best restore bonues
RonPaulFTW

Postby iamah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm

turkey Cabbage roll:
http://i.imgur.com/xAuIDYG.png

nice thread, hope it's added to the Useful Links thread
iamah

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks for turkey. I really forgot about it :)
Bearcub

Postby Bearcub » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Added 5 things to wild stuff. Wondering if type of garlic rules in that world, soon we'll see.
Bearcub

Postby iamah » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Lobster Mushroom, dunno if it's added yet
http://i.imgur.com/48pYPG3.png
iamah

Postby Bearcub » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:46 am

Thks for lobster pie, added now :)
Bearcub

Next

Return to Help!