Lag ala Haven and hearth

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Lag ala Haven and hearth

Postby Feedzor » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Hey, just so you know this thread is not to complain about the lag. Merely to let the main people that handle this know, that it's getting worse by the day right now.
In Haven it was standard that you would lag all over the place for 10-15 seconds sometimes and you accept it, it wasn't as frustrating because it was like that already for me, when I started.
But now when I started Salem it was all smooth and fine, so now that the lags are turning into Haven & Hearth lags, it does become simply annoying - and I don't think anyone would disagree.

So just a note to you guys, please don't let it get out of hand any further :)
Feedzor

Re: Lag ala Haven and hearth

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 pm

True, got same laggs:/
darnokpl

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Same here, had the occasional lag in the last weeks but to me it seems it's getting worse. Just now I logged out cause it passed my "playable" threshold.

I hope something can be done, after the weekend. :-)
Steve

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:46 pm

I definitely agree that the lag seems to be progressively worse compared to the start of the world, but the population is roughly the same at this point in time. I know animal AI was causing huge issues, but why should that be worse now compared to when the world started?

I'm assuming something else is behind it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby darnokpl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Sevenless wrote:I definitely agree that the lag seems to be progressively worse compared to the start of the world, but the population is roughly the same at this point in time. I know animal AI was causing huge issues, but why should that be worse now compared to when the world started?

Like someone working on server?:P
darnokpl

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:15 am

darnokpl wrote:Like someone working on server?:P

You took the words right out of my mouth. I honestly haven't experienced a single bit of lag, but I'm not a 2-4(+) hr/day player, either (might play 10 hrs per week at this moment in time).
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:45 am

darnokpl wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I definitely agree that the lag seems to be progressively worse compared to the start of the world, but the population is roughly the same at this point in time. I know animal AI was causing huge issues, but why should that be worse now compared to when the world started?

Like someone working on server?:P

I doubt someone is DDosing the server, if that's what you mean. If you mean loftar though, him working on the game wouldn't effect anything until the server is restarted.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Dallane » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 am

Hasn't been bad but I'm use to going across the map 3 or 4 times in haven. Only did this once in salem since i started again.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby alloin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 am

MagicManICT wrote:I honestly haven't experienced a single bit of lag, but I'm not a 2-4(+) hr/day player, either (might play 10 hrs per week at this moment in time).

Believe me (and the others) there is PLENTY of lag at certain moments...
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 pm

I get stutterstepping mostly. I'll walk two tiles forward, rubber-band back one, and repeat. I get there eventually, but it's painful.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Next

Return to City upon a Hill