Recent Drama, Part of the Game?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Recent Drama, Part of the Game?

Postby Rithy58 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 am

I went to make a new account to alt-vault all my items that hold sentimental values(closed-beta gifts) and noticed that it now required players to be 18+ to play. This give me the idea that politics, alliances, war, murdering, etc are all part of the game and the creator did not mind that it become part of the game.

It is truly genius, to give a bunch of player a game and let them do whatever they want. I bet the developers are sitting back and watch this right now. If that is the case, it is just pure genius.

The developers seem to be those type of people who doesn't care if no one like their game...or rather if the game isn't popular. In a way, I feel like they approve of the drama that has been going on.

So, if I somehow get kill, this will be my last word as I would not return. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game because I do, but I simply do not wish to start over. As a final request, I would like to learn the truth to the drama before I leave the forum. I promise, I would NOT post it and keep the info private. That is, if I die.

Sincerely,
Rithy
Rithy58

Re: Recent Drama, Part of the Game?

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:27 am

Rithy58 wrote:I went to make a new account to alt-vault all my items that hold sentimental values(closed-beta gifts) and noticed that it now required players to be 18+ to play. This give me the idea that politics, alliances, war, murdering, etc are all part of the game and the creator did not mind that it become part of the game.

It is truly genius, to give a bunch of player a game and let them do whatever they want. I bet the developers are sitting back and watch this right now. If that is the case, it is just pure genius.

The developers seem to be those type of people who doesn't care if no one like their game...or rather if the game isn't popular. In a way, I feel like they approve of the drama that has been going on.

So, if I somehow get kill, this will be my last word as I would not return. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game because I do, but I simply do not wish to start over. As a final request, I would like to learn the truth to the drama before I leave the forum. I promise, I would NOT post it and keep the info private. That is, if I die.

Sincerely,
Rithy

If you live on Roanoke then your time would be better spent advocating to Claeyt to STFU so you don't have to die. If you live on Plymouth simply pay the Treaty. If you live on Jamestown.... Quit... and choose one of the (2) real servers.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Rithy58 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:40 am

My first character is in Plymouth. It has been there since closed beta. I don't play there anymore. Even if I do, I don't plan on paying the treaty. Even if I did, I probably couldn't anyway.

I currently play on Roanoke and I could be bias because Claeyt provided me with so much to start the game and I didn't know much about the past but I do see it as murdering the noobs in Roanoke is wrong. I'm sure you guys aren't trying to be hero or anything and could careless about what people think. It's just my opinion that Claeyt isn't the one at fault. Of course, this is based on the limited information I have.

Sincerely,
Rithy
Rithy58

Postby jwhitehorn » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:41 am

Rithy58 wrote:Of course, this is based on the limited information I have.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Once you fully research the situation you will see that every Roanoke kill is a direct result of Claeyt.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Ass_Kraken » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:46 am

Rithy58 wrote:This give me the idea that politics, alliances, war, murdering, etc are all part of the game and the creator did not mind that it become part of the game.

You are posting in a forum section dedicated to "in-game politics, relations and matters of justice." I don't think it "become" part of the game. Were/are you on drugs?
Ass_Kraken

Postby kitsune01 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 am

jwhitehorn wrote:
Rithy58 wrote:I went to make a new account to alt-vault all my items that hold sentimental values(closed-beta gifts) and noticed that it now required players to be 18+ to play. This give me the idea that politics, alliances, war, murdering, etc are all part of the game and the creator did not mind that it become part of the game.

Sincerely,
Rithy

If you live on Roanoke then your time would be better spent advocating to Claeyt to STFU so you don't have to die. If you live on Plymouth simply pay the Treaty. If you live on Jamestown.... Quit... and choose one of the (2) real servers.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Basically a group of in game bullies with no real life trying to make the game harder for other people.
kitsune01

Postby kitsune01 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:50 am

jwhitehorn wrote:
Rithy58 wrote:Of course, this is based on the limited information I have.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Once you fully research the situation you will see that every Roanoke kill is a direct result of Claeyt.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Basically saying "where a band of players who rush one noob and kill them because we have nothing better to do then troll"
kitsune01

Postby Rithy58 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:51 am

That's not what I meant. The way I see it is, you guys are not doing justice. If you think Claeyt is guilty, take it out on him. Simply murdering other people because of him doesn't sound like Justice to me. However, based on my theory on this game, I don't think you're breaking any rule but in fact are doing what was expected...in a way...by the game.

In other word, by the game rule, you're not doing anything wrong but instead, it's one of the possible way the game was suppose to be. However, by moral, you are guys wrong and are acting like ass-hole. Funny enough, it could mean ruining the game or turn it into one of the best game ever made.

Either way, I find this whole thing very interesting and make the game very unique. The gameplay is definitely fun and I would love to have everyone work together and play PvE. However, the drama resulting from PvP in the game and the forum make the whole experience quite unique. It's not something I'd like to participate but I enjoy reading it.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS: After writing that, I realized this game have end-game if everyone play PvE. With PvP, there are so many possibility. Kudo to the developers for not being greedy and make game for money but doing something very unique.
Rithy58

Postby MycroSparks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 am

Drama's part of everything these days. Even if you don't want to create some, other people blow it out of proportion and bam, you got a hell of a lot drama. Don't die though (:
MycroSparks

Postby Ass_Kraken » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:56 am

Rithy58 wrote:That's not what I meant. The way I see it is, you guys are not doing justice. If you think Claeyt is guilty, take it out on him. Simply murdering other people because of him doesn't sound like Justice to me.

It's just my opinion that Claeyt isn't the one at fault.

Claeyt just had to put down his ego and stop posting on the forums, and they wouldn't kill any noobs. Instead, he starts posting, telling everyone to hide their **** in a nuclear vault, and demanding high purity hummus. (jew gold)
Ass_Kraken

Next

Return to City upon a Hill