Note for Noobs (and possibly some older players)

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Note for Noobs (and possibly some older players)

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:51 pm

When you take damage and fall down (With yellow stars spinning round you), you are not dead, you have just been knocked out. You will lose a point in two random proficiencies, drop everything not carried in your hands and will respawn back at whatever is your homestead. (Claim, leanto) This is NOT death, only another character can kill you, with the murder skill once you are knocked out. Death is permanent and your character ceases to exist forever. (You can however "Inherit your previous characters property). Animals so far cannot kill you and as far as I know, nothing but another character with Murder can.

I make this thread because I'm running across a lot of new players (And some who were even in Alpha.) lol, who don't realize that getting knocked out isn't death.

Edit: I even had one of my townies quit because a bear knocked him out. Apparently he didn't realize the difference.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Re: Note for Noobs (and possibly some older players)

Postby Glennfinnan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm

I applaud coming up with an idea to create a thread about this.

It is actually poorly advertised and a lot of people mistake a simple KO with death.
Glennfinnan

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Good point pain. I ran into someone who had this issue as well. Will add a very short blurb to the top of my guide and credit to you :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Was in a Skype conference last night when a guy I know to have been in Alpha says "Salem isn't perma-death at all." and I'm like.... "How in the hell do you figure that?"

He says "Well, you just re-spawn at your claim and lose a couple skill points."

I was flummoxed. In addition, like I said, one of our better townies got knocked out by a bear, mentioned something in Skype about being killed and never came back. lol
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 pm

painhertz wrote:I was flummoxed.

Beautiful word.

Thanks for posting this thread, I can imagine many new players cry out when they get KO'd the first time.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Qukatt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

I didn't even realise this was an issue :O

Also +1 to Flummoxed
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:07 pm

And here I've been just correcting people when I see them state this in a thread.

I blame the right wing media for this state of affairs!!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:11 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And here I've been just correcting people when I see them state this in a thread.

Blame Canada!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm US, so when I say "liberal" or "left wing", that's like being conservative in the rest of the industrialized first-world nations :P
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:46 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And here I've been just correcting people when I see them state this in a thread.

but the media is liberal :?:
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Next

Return to City upon a Hill