Current version grind

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Current version grind

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:16 pm

FunForLife wrote:Cuz grinding is not one of the best ways to give folks something to do in a game...

Grinding is pretty much the only thing there is to do in this game. I'm not trying to be derogatory here, but Salem is just a souped up version of Farmville with open PvP and permadeath if you break it down.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby FunForLife » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
FunForLife wrote:Cuz grinding is not one of the best ways to give folks something to do in a game...

Grinding is pretty much the only thing there is to do in this game. I'm not trying to be derogatory here, but Salem is just a souped up version of Farmville with open PvP and permadeath if you break it down.

I would like to try a differenciation! Lets talk about superior grinding and stupid grinding.

If you have to combine all the possibilitys to advance in one special direction its superior and if you only have to ran around and build up 50 mines to raise purity its kind of easy/stupid grinding. At least Salem has the potential that people really really need to use their brain to get advanced. And i would love to see them making use of this special potential!

Force people to travel deep into darkness at one point to get further progress is one way to get into that direction. Let people be full advanced murderer around boston is a way to throw that potential.
FunForLife

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 pm

FunForLife wrote:Force people to travel deep into darkness at one point to get further progress is one way to get into that direction. Let people be full advanced murderer around boston is a way to throw that potential.

freedom is what we have here. dont want to throw this freedom away for "prepared" cheap ***** like quests that everyone has to go through for "advanced" game-play. nope.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby FunForLife » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:freedom is what we have here. dont want to throw this freedom away for "prepared" cheap ***** like quests that everyone has to go through for "advanced" game-play. nope.

If u cant follow, please don´t answer... ;)

Noone is talking about a route u have to go, quests or similar sh...it! :shock:

Just talking about making use of the complexity of crafting and limit some special resource to special hard regions like darkness. Everyone will have to move in one day and maybe fight for it or just be strong prepared for the region to get the ressources there for further progress. Just to make sure u are not Prospecting 2 days, get C&D 6000 on third day and start killing anything! To make sure u cant get that progress without using the full content of the game! And to not get a couple of Inspirationals with Multiplier 5 in backup after few days to get C&D 6000 back one day after you got killed.

With this possibilitys at the moment noone of the strong PvP-Player fears for Permadeath, cuz he can get back to same progress in about 2 days with no big grind.
FunForLife

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:48 pm

FunForLife wrote:Everyone will have to move in one day and maybe fight for it or just be strong prepared for the region to get the ressources there for further progress.

that sounds like a made-up quest that i can find in many other mmos, at least to me.
Tonkyhonk

Postby FunForLife » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
FunForLife wrote:Everyone will have to move in one day and maybe fight for it or just be strong prepared for the region to get the ressources there for further progress.

that sounds like a made-up quest that i can find in many other mmos, at least to me.

No, it sounds like u have a region in here like u already have. Where your humors start draining for a reason if u not light yourself. Where u need to push humors and skills before u can enter. Where u have to make use of all elements that are part of the game to survive that. We already have that region, its called darkness or uncivilized land! But for what, if the special ressources are not only there? Noone will enter this region if its not neccessary!

That has surely nothing to do with Quests or stuff, cuz the Region is anywhere, it just depends on your distance to boston!

If u can go out Boston, build a WoWo-Wand, find a mine, build a rod (Pure 0%), find next mine, build next Rod (Pure 3%) ...... find a mine build next rod (pure 30%). U can do that with specially skilling mining and that stuff. Then u make some hardcore inspirationals and u get C & D 6000 in 2 days. U make more inspirationals of that kind for backup if you get killed. And then u ran around as a full skilled murderer! No need to enter that special region, that is made for...?!? For wha is it designed...?
FunForLife

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:03 pm

FunForLife wrote:Noone will enter this region if its not neccessary!
:
No need to enter that special region, that is made for...?!? For wha is it designed...?

youre wrong there. people always like to venture into a dangerous or challenging spot for one reason or another.
some people want to live in Mordor, some people try to avoid it, some will surely try to change the civilization lvl around to expand/decrease the area, its all up to each player and his/her tactics.
forcing players to do certain things for game-play is lame, imo.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

FunForLife wrote:Noone will enter this region if its not neccessary!
:
No need to enter that special region, that is made for...?!? For wha is it designed...?

!!FUN!!
Ass_Kraken

Postby Realak » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:23 pm

so i should be punished because I have a massive claim THAT IS not in darkness?
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
Realak

Postby ShadowAtlan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Realak wrote:so i should be punished because I have a massive claim that is boring?

Fixed that for you. If the place you're living at isn't trying to kill you, what's the fun?
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill