Current version grind

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Current version grind

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:14 am

staxjax wrote:Sevenless, you need to get out more. Go explore the darkness and see for yourself.

Always have and always will be a base homebody. I tend to grind up a high stat skill on my main character and dislike risking it via foraging. Tends to increase the agoraphobia a bit :P
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 am

tbh, I don't get out much either ;p
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby FunForLife » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

Sevenless wrote:I tend to grind up a high stat skill on my main character and dislike risking it via foraging.

This exactly shows how useless darkness is at the moment.

In my opinion it should be the other way round! You grind high stats just to make it possible to enter darkness for a yet not existing reason! This would give the game a turnaround from simple grinding to combined use of grinding, crafting, foraging and fighting.
FunForLife

Postby ShadowAtlan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:31 pm

FunForLife wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I tend to grind up a high stat skill on my main character and dislike risking it via foraging.

This exactly shows how useless darkness is at the moment.

In my opinion it should be the other way round! You grind high stats just to make it possible to enter darkness for a yet not existing reason! This would give the game a turnaround from simple grinding to combined use of grinding, crafting, foraging and fighting.

Living in the Darkness, supposing you have the humors to live there without problems, is probably one of the best defensive choices a person could ever make. As the Crime debuff stops all Humor regeneration, you feel the full brunt of the drain wherever you are if you commit a crime. At 40+ humors a single trespass will mean an almost guaranteed KO off where I live. Building fires doesn't help. Going inside doesn't help. Can't teleport due to the debuff. From a purely defensive standpoint, living in the darkness is like having several braziers pointed at anyone who commits a crime, anywhere, and they harm ALL humors at once.
Plus it keeps the pests away, giving me tons more things to forage or hunt without worrying about wandering or wilderness teleported newbies having already taken them.
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science.
ShadowAtlan

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill