Just exploring this new world.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Just exploring this new world.

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Droj wrote:
Yalren wrote:Now that i think about it you cant teleport in this game when carrying something over your head. that's going to suck for boats

And on the note of fishing is there any skill involved or is it all luck atm?

Fishing is all about skill, knowing what fish you catch where with what lure and what moves. ;)

If someone did a proper study on it it could easily be put in a quick reference table and anyone able to read said table could fish like a pro. Combat on the other hand requires actual practice no matter what you know about the theories of the moves.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Flameturtle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Sevenless wrote:
If someone did a proper study on it it could easily be put in a quick reference table and anyone able to read said table could fish like a pro. Combat on the other hand requires actual practice no matter what you know about the theories of the moves.

If anyone adds this to the wiki make sure it's under a 'Spoiler' Tag. I'd much rather work it out myself.
Flameturtle

Postby Glennfinnan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome onboard!
Actually I am kinda worried about the purposes of boats too. I have noticed much less rivers this world and as for current moment find them only usable in the high seas - ocean and bigger lakes. Of course we do not know much about them yet so hopefully I am wrong here.
Glennfinnan

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:Welcome onboard!
Actually I am kinda worried about the purposes of boats too. I have noticed much less rivers this world and as for current moment find them only usable in the high seas - ocean and bigger lakes. Of course we do not know much about them yet so hopefully I am wrong here.

Yea I really think they should just not add boats. Maybe like a fishing platform you can build at sea. Maybe make swimming easier once they make it cost something. Most rivers dont even need swimming to cross. the ones that do normally have very small deep ends. :?
Yalren

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Yalren wrote:

Yea I really think they should just not add boats. Maybe like a fishing platform you can build at sea. Maybe make swimming easier once they make it cost something. Most rivers dont even need swimming to cross. the ones that do normally have very small deep ends. :?

We're all assuming swimming will get phlegm drain once boats are introduced. Once that happens there's more need for them.

I'm also assuming there will be some sort of siege equipment at some point. Those could require water transport to move them effectively.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

Sevenless wrote:I'm also assuming there will be some sort of siege equipment at some point. Those could require water transport to move them effectively.

Siege boats to break through water-gates, yes please!

As mentioned, once swimming actually is a mechanic and you need phlegm to do it, boats will serve a purpose. They might also travel pretty quicky which is good if you live by a large lake or by a river (travel down-river, yo).
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Yalren wrote:

Shut your ignorant head. We WILL have boats. Go explore some more....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Glennfinnan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Whats the reason for quoting me here?
Ive never said we wont have boats nor I dont want them ingame.
In case I am going to say this in future and you apparently already know about this please forgive me as I most probably will change my mind.
Glennfinnan

Postby Sevenless » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:Whats the reason for quoting me here?
Ive never said we wont have boats nor I dont want them ingame.
In case I am going to say this in future and you apparently already know about this please forgive me as I most probably will change my mind.

When you quote a post it autoquotes anything quoted in said post. Pain was talking about what Yalren said. And in yalren's post he quoted you, so you got dragged along for the ride.
Sevenless

Postby Glennfinnan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Im almost sure its possible to select the quoted text.

And that still doesnt explain the offensive approach, if not at me then at Yalren at least.
Glennfinnan

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill