Just exploring this new world.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Just exploring this new world.

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:15 pm

So I managed to get into the beta this weekend. Ty facebook :lol: . One thing I have to say is that Salem has taken a lot of things that i loved from H&H and improved it. That said we still have yet to see the wonderful new content of witches in action or some of the creepy crawlers of the fantasy setting. Heck im even happy to see horses are going to be added one day. Sadly I am missing my boats though.
As a player who is doing the solo thing atm im finding it rather easy. I have a homestead and a large amount of rabbit and cricket kills. Working on drying some fur at the moment to further my exploits in the world of salem.

There is so much to do in this game and its not even finished yet. This is going to be a long experience.

P.S- Ty who ever was selling the metal shovel and backpacks at the stalls. :P Also Thinking of England >_>
Yalren

Re: Just exploring this new world.

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Welcome to the community!

Boats are on the way we've been promised :)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Sevenless wrote:Welcome to the community!

I really dont see a point to boats in this game though. thats what saddens me the most. Seems like Horses will be the way to go
Yalren

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Yalren wrote:

I really dont see a point to boats in this game though. thats what saddens me the most. Seems like Horses will be the way to go

Once swimming is implemented properly, you'll most likely retract that statement :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm also hoping for deep ocean fishing :D
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
Yalren wrote:

Once swimming is implemented properly, you'll most likely retract that statement :)

As someone who played H&H please dont fix swimming haha
Yalren

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Now that i think about it you cant teleport in this game when carrying something over your head. that's going to suck for boats

And on the note of fishing is there any skill involved or is it all luck atm?
Yalren

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Yalren wrote:Now that i think about it you cant teleport in this game when carrying something over your head. that's going to suck for boats

Not really "skill" exactly. Each fish type reacts well to certain commands, badly to others. Knowing what fish you can catch you can get a rough idea what fish you're playing with by knowing what it reacts well and badly to. You have room for 1 major mistake per fish before losing it and each species seems to have fairly different dislikes. Better fronts and wilds will give you more bang for your buck out of lures/poles when lurefishing.
Sevenless

Postby Yalren » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:12 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Yalren wrote:Now that i think about it you cant teleport in this game when carrying something over your head. that's going to suck for boats

Not really "skill" exactly. Each fish type reacts well to certain commands, badly to others. Knowing what fish you can catch you can get a rough idea what fish you're playing with by knowing what it reacts well and badly to. You have room for 1 major mistake per fish before losing it and each species seems to have fairly different dislikes. Better fronts and wilds will give you more bang for your buck out of lures/poles when lurefishing.

At this point i guess ill just stick to the rivers near....... I forgot the town name so lets just call it the first one that came to mind... Detroit... Yep ¦]
Yalren

Postby Droj » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Fishing is all about skill, knowing what fish you catch where with what lure and what moves. ;)
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Next

Return to City upon a Hill