Salem and Entitlement

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Salem and Entitlement

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:45 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Flameturtle wrote:To be completely honest, it wouldn't suprise me if Jorb and Loftar were to reward people who buy real money in the cash shop during the beta with a small amount of silver upon release. Would be a nice rebate to those that lose things to bugs etc during beta, though completely up to them.

Actually, TotalyMoo did made some sort of statement on this concerning purchases and potential wipes. I can't rightfully recall where it was at, though. I think it was on the Paradox forums. It might have been here, though.

Best vague answer, ever.

I did make some sort of statement, and I stand by it.

In the optimal scenario this world won't be wiped at launch and there will be no silver to "refund". If we do decide to wipe the world, all silver purchased before the wipe will in some way make its way into your in-game bank account. It might not be instant (to keep the balance of a new world) but it will do so, eventually.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Oh, I was going to link the post when I found it, but since you posted... I can stop looking. :lol:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Oh, I was going to link the post when I found it, but since you posted... I can stop looking. :lol:

Around this time at day I have finished reading through all the posts I've missed and starting tapping F5, waiting for replies. It's easier to just remake a statement than to find an old one :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:29 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Oh, I was going to link the post when I found it, but since you posted... I can stop looking. :lol:

Around this time at day I have finished reading through all the posts I've missed and starting tapping F5, waiting for replies. It's easier to just remake a statement than to find an old one :)

When it comes down to it, to help prevent a bit of the "Pay 2 Win" consequences, it's likely best the cash shop not be open in a fresh server for the first week or two. Otherwise someone could use purchased silver to be the first in the iron business and god knows that's a massive cash cow when done actively.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:18 pm

I think Glennfinnan was first in the metal business (without paying for silver) days before anybody else and Newb was second (payed for silver).
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby staxjax » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 am

Back on topic, to my original point.

It doesn't matter if people are able to buy silver on day 1 or day 14, those that play enough will still have metal production up before somebody that buys all the needed nails/metal bars with real money. You would even think that the first two weeks of a server would generate the most revenue over time from the cash shop, so taking it out for one of the most critical moments in the servers lifespan would not be a very good decision from a business stand point.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby painhertz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:37 am

Agreed. I personally feel that unless some things MUCH more interesting and useful are added to the vendor. (Horses? cattle?) even when released they aren't going to make enough money from silver purchases to even pay for server costs. Free2Play IS currently the state of MMorpg's but done this way it's almost certainly destined for failure. Works for me anyway, I'd prefer to pay for haven development personally.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill