Biome Regeneration Timers

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Biome Regeneration Timers

Postby Feedzor » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

I don't know if this adds something, but sometimes when you dig and have a larger 'dirt' area you can see the grass (or whatever) tiles popping in when you finish to dig a layer.
Does that make sense the way I wrote it? lol.
Feedzor

Postby Procne » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

I think most people know that - after removing trees in the area forest terrain will slowly turn into grassland
Procne

Postby Wournos » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm

I've been doing a s**t load of terraforming the past 4 weeks and I can say that a biome recover rather quickly (in my case). Some tiles got covered as soon as I started digging elsewhere yet still nearby. It is also a possibility that changing the ground by paving causes biome recovery on nearby tiles.
I am very active in the particular area and it has recovered quite nicely these past few weeks.

A different area that I used to be around 3 weeks ago is almost completely back to normal, so it doesn't look like activity has anything to do with regrowth.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby Snowpig » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 am

Procne wrote:I think most people know that - after removing trees in the area forest terrain will slowly turn into grassland

does it work in the other direction? like: many trees in a spot -> forest?
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Snowpig wrote:
Procne wrote:I think most people know that - after removing trees in the area forest terrain will slowly turn into grassland

does it work in the other direction? like: many trees in a spot -> forest?

No reports yet. It did it in Haven, so my guess would be yes. When a tree matured, random tiles nearby (and the one the tree was planted on) changed to the appropriate forest type. However, enough else has changed the answer could be no. Damn devs and always changing things up! :lol:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill