Brace Yourselves...

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Brace Yourselves...

Postby sabinati » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:31 pm

ElCapitan1701 wrote:I hope no one of the new players is going to look in the forums finding threa(t)ds like this one. Should have been deleted or moderated after the first post - but wait - the mods are thinking the same way but hold off because of the "long term". :evil:

Is there something about this thread that is against any of the rules? If you feel there is, please report it. Otherwise there is no need for your criticism of it.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Kaios wrote:
ElCapitan1701 wrote:Obviously you all have made your excuses to justify why to kill some helpless, defenceless new players. It seems odd to me, that you think this sort of uneven fight has something to do with the gameplay. But even better: you aren`t doing this to have some fun but to do the new players a favor,right? You are all hero's today.Go on. Let`s see how this works out.

There's always going to be people with different mindsets on how they enjoy playing the game. If this means killing newbie players for their own pleasure then who are you to say that's wrong, not a good idea or "not justified"

That`s not my point. My point is, that this game needs new and more players. And so I think the community needs to give them a warm welcome and not "the noobs are coming". I also think, to get to like this game you need some time and a fair chance. And If any of those potential new players read this thread I`m sure he gets his doubts about that. This is not a new server, where everybody has the equal chance of success, but a server where some of us have their stats@50 and some starting new with no clue of this game.

@sabinati: you are a mod here. If you think, this is the tone to welcome new players I won`t say anything further. To be nice to new players is something which doesn`t need to be in the rules.
ElCapitan1701

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Didn't we have this debate back on the Paradox forums?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Ketu » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm

ElCapitan1701 wrote:
Kaios wrote:
ElCapitan1701 wrote:Obviously you all have made your excuses to justify why to kill some helpless, defenceless new players. It seems odd to me, that you think this sort of uneven fight has something to do with the gameplay. But even better: you aren`t doing this to have some fun but to do the new players a favor,right? You are all hero's today.Go on. Let`s see how this works out.

There's always going to be people with different mindsets on how they enjoy playing the game. If this means killing newbie players for their own pleasure then who are you to say that's wrong, not a good idea or "not justified"

That`s not my point. My point is, that this game needs new and more players. And so I think the community needs to give them a warm welcome and not "the noobs are coming". I also think, to get to like this game you need some time and a fair chance. And If any of those potential new players read this thread I`m sure he gets his doubts about that. This is not a new server, where everybody has the equal chance of success, but a server where some of us have their stats@50 and some starting new with no clue of this game.

@sabinati: you are a mod here. If you think, this is the tone to welcome new players I won`t say anything further. To be nice to new players is something which doesn`t need to be in the rules.

Remember where you are: http://www.seatribe.se/
:)
Ketu

Postby milonti » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Dude i made this thread as a joke. Hence the obvious use of a meme. I welcome new players whole heartedly. but they are noobs with much to learn. Chill out XD
milonti

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Ah, a joke. Now I see. Coward.
ElCapitan1701

Postby sabinati » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm

ElCapitan, you have three choices:
  • Make a Welcome thread for new players with a friendlier tone.
  • Stop derailing this thread.
  • Continue derailing this thread and get banned.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby milonti » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:29 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:Ah, a joke. Now I see. Coward.

Im confused... How am i a coward?
milonti

Postby Onionfighter » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:40 am

Glennfinnan wrote:
sabinati wrote:Try to wait a while before killing too many of them off, ok guys?

Id rather say its better to die early, know the danger and keep on playing than die with a developed character and quit.

I agree. That is why I liked it when animals were able to kill you in H&H.
Onionfighter

Postby Sevenless » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:07 am

We want new players, we don't want them though if they're playing this game with the delusion that it's a happy friendly game where you collect berries and bake pies without a care in the world.

I prefer honesty. As to noob killers, there's a lot less in Salem than in Haven from what I can tell. But it's kinda rare that they post openly about it on the forums much for some odd reason. Maybe because it's a stupid way to get the "rangers" of the forum after you.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill