Brace Yourselves...

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Brace Yourselves...

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:57 am

Sevenless wrote:We want new players, we don't want them though if they're playing this game with the delusion that it's a happy friendly game where you collect berries and bake pies without a care in the world.

nothing wrong with new players expecting a happy friendly game.
its more about their reactions when they find out that this is a survival game, isnt it?
stop looking down on them from the higher ground, no matter what, you guys enjoy more meat after all.

oh and some of you comparing it like "less than in haven" thing would only encourage some of them continue shouting "this is not haven" comments. stop that thing already, would ya?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 am

Can I please remind you all of the difference between "newb" and "noob"? One is in reference to a guy that is new. The other is in reference to a guy that isn't new and just hasn't gotten any better.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20060823
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby milonti » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 am

MagicManICT wrote:Can I please remind you all of the difference between "newb" and "noob"? One is in reference to a guy that is new. The other is in reference to a guy that isn't new and just hasn't gotten any better.

First, I love people using CAD as reference.

Second, I always confuse the two terms and use the wrong one D:
milonti

Postby WriterX » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:53 am

Perhaps to prove the point of some of the people here, I chased a tumbleweed for ten minutes thinking it was a gerbil.

Also, not any pie. Fish pie! The only good type of pie.

Loving the game so far (seconds day, and still going), but I was perplexed by two things:

1) No Naked Russians assaulted me five minutes into the game

2) So far I only died once, and still managed to recover my lost inventory.

I ended up in some remote area (like everybody) and I found two people living nearby, one of them with a decent collection of bins and items! I check back once in a while to see if he returns. Thus far, nothing, but those bins are calling out to me while I sleep...
WriterX

Postby Glennfinnan » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:27 am

I dont think you died yet.
Glennfinnan

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 am

WriterX wrote:Loving the game so far (seconds day, and still going), but I was perplexed by two things:

1) No Naked Russians assaulted me five minutes into the game

2) So far I only died once, and still managed to recover my lost inventory.

Well, if you want, I can strip naked and come "Russian" and assault you. :lol:

You'll know when you're dead. You won't have a character left. Until then, you're just knocked out and you have to pick yourself back up and lose a couple of proficiency points.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 am

sabinati wrote:ElCapitan, you have three choices:
  • Make a Welcome thread for new players with a friendlier tone.
  • Stop derailing this thread.
  • Continue derailing this thread and get banned.

As you are moderating this in public I will answer you here.

Aye sir! Of course I didn`t want any other thread "derailed", so I never will critize anything here in this forums. Have fun.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Qukatt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:
sabinati wrote:ElCapitan, you have three choices:
  • Make a Welcome thread for new players with a friendlier tone.
  • Stop derailing this thread.
  • Continue derailing this thread and get banned.

As you are moderating this in public I will answer you here.

Aye sir! Of course I didn`t want any other thread "derailed", so I never will critize anything here in this forums. Have fun.

no please do! drama's been a bit thin on the ground :(
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby Bluestone » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 am

MagicManICT wrote:Can I please remind you all of the difference between "newb" and "noob"? One is in reference to a guy that is new. The other is in reference to a guy that isn't new and just hasn't gotten any better.

I prefer the way noob looks and sounds so I use that to mean new people (and never use anything to indicate the "actual" meaning of it) and I couldn't care less that my view of it is considered wrong. :D
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby TotalyMoo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Welcome, new players!

I am more scared of them than they should be of me, I still haven't got any defenses in my base and any new player can probably beat me up within a day or two of hardcore playing.

As for the attitude towards new players. Well. Most of the people in this thread were probably joking, but I agree that new people in this game need to realize it's not flowers and happiness all of the time. :)

Big love to all you new guys and gals <3
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill