Ask the Devs 1

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Ask the Devs 1

Postby battiskaff » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello Devs Salem!

We want to ask you some questions about the game:

1) What are your plans for the patch? What has been done and what are you working on at the moment. Above anything else going? For example horses and brooms ready, but has not been implemented in Beta test yet.
2) What are the plans in terms of server development? How many people will be able to play simultaneously?
2.1) How would the server system work? A cluster or multiple servers with different types of games (permanent death of any animal, / only the player) will be possible to travel between servers, for example, by ship?
3) What are the difficulties in the development you are currently experiencing? What can we expect in the near future? How many people are working on the game?
4) When will be water related issued implemented (swimming / ships)?
Do you have any plans regarding ranged weapons (damage / firing mechanics/ ammunition as bullets)?
5) What would be your estimation regarding game status development, is it at least 50% ready of you have planned?

Please provide us with information in full, as we are very in love with your project.

Best regards SoT community http://www.sotzone.ru/
battiskaff

Re: Ask the Devs 1

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:39 pm

There answers to almost all of your questions are already known.... I won't presume to answer them though.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby Onionfighter » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Onionfighter

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 pm

In addition to the links Onionfighter posted, jorb went by Brother Bean on the Paradox forums. You can look up his posts there, too. In addition, there's a lot of posts not by him where players have posted chat logs from IRC of conversations with both jorb and loftar. You can also read up on some of the design philosophies from them on the Haven & Hearth forums.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby battiskaff » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks, but i wanted to see answer from devs (
battiskaff

Postby TotalyMoo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:13 pm

battiskaff wrote:Thanks, but i wanted to see answer from devs (

Well, that was a little ungrateful.

The developers are busy bees, spending most of their time actually making this game. They can't spend half their day answering questions that already have answers in public places. I advise that you read through all the links posted and if you still have a question you feel unanswered, go ahead and post it.

Thanks to the people posting all the info in this thread, good job :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby milonti » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Also, there are exactly 2 devs for this game. So the speed they put out updates is actually a little impressive.
milonti

Return to City upon a Hill