just got done playing darkfall 2

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: just got done playing darkfall 2

Postby Badzag » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 am

jwhitehorn wrote:To me it boils down to one question and one question only. What is the death penalty in DF2?

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

The only penalty is full loot and while it may be hard for new players to lose their inventory the more you get into the game you won't even care for being looted (i know from darkfall 1 that after playing a bit i had over 80 armors sets stashed and couldn't care about dying).
Badzag

Postby Kaol » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Sounds like you need a new GPU, that one has less than half the performance of my 4 years old medium range GPU.
Kaol

Postby Darwoth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 am

i can multiclient (i sometimes run two clients in multiplayer, one for sniperbait) the newest FPS games on max settings (which at their lowest settings are still more graphically intensive than darkfall) with this video card with no stuttering or hitching at all, and calling darkfalls reskinned relaunch a "new" game is laughable at best. the issues with performance is darkfall, not a videocard made 3 years after they started working on this version of the game.

performance is not why the game sucks however, the game sucks because it is a dumbed down console ported piece of trash with no depth at all.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 am

Vibe wrote:I have a worse rig than you and I'm on constant 50 FPS (occasional freezes but that's due to the global chat bug). Not to mention the beta build is running in debug mode and practically stuffing a ***** in the logfile. .

first thing i did was disable my log files during the 3 days of servers not working, granted their server is still running in debug mode but that isnt the issue. issue is that it is so poorly optimized my graphics card (the weak link) is not running a game properly that it should be able to run at 100+ fps.
Darwoth

Postby Plazek » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:25 am

Which new fps do you multi-client on max settings with that card?
Plazek

Postby Darwoth » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:08 am

moh warfighter atm
Darwoth

Postby systemaddict » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:32 am

AV's beta's are always near unplayable the first few days.

The game may seem riddled with problems right now, but in a week or two it will definitely be playable, and probably fun at that.
systemaddict

Postby KingdomOfOne » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:37 am

Hi,
Has anyone tried out Wizardry Online? http://www.wizardrythegame.com
Although it is heavily PVE and Dungeon focused, with the classes they are adding in, open world pvp, permadeath ( real) and the criminal system, it reminds me of the old great mmo's like uo,eq and stuff. :P

Check it out.
KingdomOfOne

Postby Dallane » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:45 am

My buddies say the exact opposite from what darwoth says. They are really enjoying it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Vibe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 am

Dallane wrote:My buddies say the exact opposite from what darwoth says. They are really enjoying it.

So am I, but as I said I'm not influenced by DF1. I do agree with Darwoth that there's major performance problems and it's still poorly optimized (well, at least for my settings, I do have constant FPS but the occassional freezes remain even after the chat bug was fixed :s).

There's also a few other problems, like the mouse delay/smoothing and acceleration and some strange delay on executing melee attacks. Generally melee feels really ****** to me, but that just might be because I'm used to the much superior Mount&Blade combat system.

Other than that, for the little time I played, it seems fun. I'm guessing it's gonna get a lot better once I actually do some stuff that's really the core of Darkfall (open world PvP, sieges, etc).
Vibe

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill