Show Your Settlement

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Show Your Settlement

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 pm

darnokpl wrote:
First time I must agree with you... and I can't see any reason why it is better than fire on 1 vandalism attempt?
Hmm what if someone take your first wall, fallback and wait 30 minutes (while you are sleeping) and then come back to take for free second wall? :shock:

Even more shocking it can be when there will be more than 1 raider, if every one of them will take each level of walls they can rob anyone and braziers won't fire even once? :shock: That is just awesome :x

Yeah you need 10+ walls and 100s of fully fueled braziers.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby darnokpl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 pm

staxjax wrote:
darnokpl wrote:
First time I must agree with you... and I can't see any reason why it is better than fire on 1 vandalism attempt?
Hmm what if someone take your first wall, fallback and wait 30 minutes (while you are sleeping) and then come back to take for free second wall? :shock:

Even more shocking it can be when there will be more than 1 raider, if every one of them will take each level of walls they can rob anyone and braziers won't fire even once? :shock: That is just awesome :x

Yeah you need 10+ walls and 100s of fully fueled braziers.

What if there will be 11+ raiders? That is silly defence strategy imho :x

I was hoping for something that will take few hours to get into town, don't forget that people have to sleep 8h and work 8h per day,
so town siege in Salem should take min 8h max 16h or it will be fail game only for kids on vacations.
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:20 pm

darnokpl wrote:What if there will be 11+ raiders? That is silly defence strategy imho :x

I was hoping for something that will take few hours to get into town, don't forget that people have to sleep 8h and work 8h per day,
so town siege in Salem should take min 8h max 16h or it will be fail game only for kids on vacations.

I'm fairly certain that my base, when completed, will take 11 people atleast 8 hours to break into (it really depends on how much phlegm and BB they have)...and you arent even taking into consideration travel time, which can take anywhere from 1-6 hours alone. You have to piss somebody off quite a bit for them to want break into something like that...

staxjax

Postby Drickles » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Poppin mah post cherry!

Nice job with all the terraforming, cant even imagine the amount of worms you must of dug up. Since no one else is posting theirs ill post mine. This is my little hermit spot so far, still a work in progress. But yeah ill post more once it gets finished.

Drickles

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Drickles wrote:Nice job with all the terraforming, cant even imagine the amount of worms you must of dug up.

Yeah, it is just a shame he never used all those worms to fill up compost bins ;p

And your hermitage is very...cute.

staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

Impressive hermitage!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby darnokpl » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:43 pm

staxjax wrote:
darnokpl wrote:What if there will be 11+ raiders? That is silly defence strategy imho :x

I'm fairly certain that my base, when completed, will take 11 people atleast 8 hours to break into (it really depends on how much phlegm and BB they have)...and you arent even taking into consideration travel time, which can take anywhere from 1-6 hours alone. You have to piss somebody off quite a bit for them to want break into something like that...

5h in straight line is from South to North part of the map mate, world is very small this time.
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:47 pm

The map is the same size as the previous map and any future maps to come, I believe it is 25x25km. There were some artifical boundaries for awhile on the new map, but I would think they have been removed by now. That is not the point though, the point is you and your folks are lazy/casual and dont know how to or want to build proper defenses. I hope somebody finds your village and lets the whole world know where it is, since we already have the name of it, it probably wont be that hard to find.

staxjax

Postby alloin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Glennfinnan wrote:Ohh, and equip your keyring instead of carrying it in backpack (assuming you dont carry the master key around).

Don't worry, this was an extra keyring i brought for someone =)

staxjax wrote:
Drickles wrote:Nice job with all the terraforming, cant even imagine the amount of worms you must of dug up.

Yeah, it is just a shame he never used all those worms to fill up compost bins ;p

Haha, you people seem to notice every detail, at first I used all worms, but my bins were filled so fast I kept on trashing all other worms :)

Drickles wrote:Poppin mah post cherry!

Nice job with all the terraforming, cant even imagine the amount of worms you must of dug up. Since no one else is posting theirs ill post mine. This is my little hermit spot so far, still a work in progress. But yeah ill post more once it gets finished.

Nice place you got there and thank you, finally someone who posts on topic instead of derailing the topic :) (no offense to the other subjects discussed, they helped me alot)
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Zou » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 am

I would post a picture but it's just flat land.
Holy Oddipriest of the Oddgod | And so the Oddgod's Master Plan was revealed. Quiver in your chairs!
Zou

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill