Show Your Settlement

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Show Your Settlement

Postby darnokpl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:56 am

staxjax wrote:The map is the same size as the previous map and any future maps to come, I believe it is 25x25km. There were some artifical boundaries for awhile on the new map, but I would think they have been removed by now. That is not the point though, the point is you and your folks are lazy/casual and dont know how to or want to build proper defenses. I hope somebody finds your village and lets the whole world know where it is, since we already have the name of it, it probably wont be that hard to find.

Sorry for offtopic in this thread... proper defenses are right now designed for communistic groups, so they can spam basic walls around their small camps.
Salem and hnh was designed to give players freedom, I am using this "freedom" in more capitalistic way, but we can't have tiny camp for that, we need space and that space can't be filled with walls in 50%, that would be just stupid.
Imho "proper defenses", as you say, should be expensive and building them should be time consuming, but that does not equal to spam as many as you can weak and cheap walls.
darnokpl

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 pm

staxjax wrote:The map is the same size as the previous map and any future maps to come, I believe it is 25x25km. There were some artifical boundaries for awhile on the new map, but I would think they have been removed by now. That is not the point though, the point is you and your folks are lazy/casual and dont know how to or want to build proper defenses. I hope somebody finds your village and lets the whole world know where it is, since we already have the name of it, it probably wont be that hard to find.

Hey, did I just seriously see hate on casual players? There's absolutely nothing wrong with casual players >=I
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Dancer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:33 pm

myhouse.JPG
myhouse.JPG (226.2 KiB) Viewed 2864 times

WIP, no braziers yet. not sure how many i need. will start 2nd wall soon probably. mostly working on my 2nd char atm.
Dancer

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill