Alert for Paradox

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Alert for Paradox

Postby nefadbr » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Sorry about my rage. =(
Last edited by nefadbr on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nefadbr

Re: Alert for Paradox

Postby Vibe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Uhh... I'd suggest reading the newbie guide first. You can learn Indian Tracking (or rather, you should) before getting Settling, find some Indian Arrowheads and Feathers, craft Savage Charm, sell that for 30s. You can also sell stuff like Hay to other players (average price is about 5s afaik).
Silver is easy to get by without having to pay a single dolar or euro.
Vibe

Postby Potjeh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:28 pm

You can also grind crickets for silver even with the starting humours, though it will be very slow. And until you get claim, you can keep two containers in a lean to so people would have to have Larceny to take them.
Potjeh

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm

There are also respected traders around on each server you can sell forageables to, such as hay, mushrooms, lime, etc. Read through the "Tradewinds" forum and make some contacts.

Just like in HnH, don't stockpile a bunch of materials you want to keep protected. Either log out with them on your person, or consume them before you log for the night.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kaol » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm

You need to do abit of research (and there should be an in-game guide that is much better, but it is closed beta still)

a) You can give your items some protection by putting a liftable container in a claimed leanto. Other players would require larceny to take them (and leave scents). This is probably as much protection as you will from an early claim anyway.

b) You can make early silver by selling items to npc's and of course players

35s for savage charm (indian feather + indian arrowhead)
40s for cricket team (11 crickets)

The upkeep is small 4s per day +1/300 per tile.

It'll take most people 15 minutes a week or less to pay the upkeep, it isn't meant to be too hard to pay, just to clean up unused claims.
Kaol

Postby Procne » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Weird, when the update about claim upkeep came I thought it's funny how low and meaningless the cost is. Even in my noob days, when my only income came from charms that I randomly found, I wouldn't mind the cost of couple of silver per day. And yet, many people are so enraged...
Procne

Postby Eegore » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Just saying something here, I would advise you do a little research first.

First: http://www.youtube.com/eegorevids

I'm a regular salem player and have been since the beginning pretty much, and I have never had to buy silver(Even though when I do get some extra money I want to donate) and I'm also a regular youtuber. Specializing in salem footage, tutorials, and gameplay. If you would have searched youtube first or the wiki, or sevenless' guide you would have found something about silver. It always helps to do a bit of research first, as salem is made by the same developers, it does feel like HnH, although now they are working with a company, and lemme tell you, no game from a company is free. Ever. They have to make their money too. Salem is a game you do not have to spend money on if you dont want to, which I absolutely love, and which is why I promote it. Salem feels like a true F2P game in which you can spend some money to donate if you want, or you can just play the game. Now if you are still having trouble with the silver aspect of the game, there is this video, among many others! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdD_8kVqr_A

Hopefully, my videos might help you out and keep you playing, salem isnt HnH but its close. ^_^
Eegore

Postby Sevenless » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 am

This really belongs in CoaH, not in the ideas thread. I see a game experience story and complaints, not specific discussion of a game structure and ideas how to fix it.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby colesie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:06 am

4s a day, kill just ONE rabbit per day and dry the hide over night and you have claim upkeep
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Ass_Kraken » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 am

Silver is piss easy to make, hop on IRC and sell forageables. Hides are insanely profitable for new players.
Ass_Kraken

Next

Return to City upon a Hill