Salem Streamers

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Salem Streamers

Postby Stoner » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Is there a reason everyone hates us?

Yes we know it's not exactly safe but we do it to support the community. Overall, we stream for fun.
For those who like streamers or are a streamer I stream between 8am - noon EST for those who want to watch I am at http://www.twitch.tv/brokinjesus

I have made to topic to:
1: Point out that I am a regular streamer of this game
2: Figure out why everyone rages at streamers

Help me understand why all of you want to stream snipe all of us.
Last Chance Gaming

ts120.light-speed.com:8311
Stoner

Re: Salem Streamers

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm

what server so i can see tears in real time
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Inb4 killed in stream
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 pm

It's not rage exactly... it's more... commenting on someone playing the game "wrong".

The majority of the vets survive off a mixture of mountain dew and paranoia. Streamers are willfully ignoring one of the more critical aspects of not being murdered which is secrecy about location as much as possible.

So it's like watching someone play a capture the flag FPS, where they ignore the objective points and just run around killing people. You're playing the game, that's true, but you're missing the point of the game at least in part.

Atleast from the point of view of the vets. It's usually only the paranoid ones who stick it through because death hurts in this game. There's nothing wrong with playing it differently, but you'll either change or get killed out of the game for the most part.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby colesie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Sevenless wrote:The majority of the vets survive off a mixture of mountain dew and paranoia.

Siggy
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby watcher2554 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

I don't know or care about "Streamers"

But this post...well..you're saying your only reason for doing something is

Stoner wrote:1: Point out that I am a regular streamer of this game
2: Figure out why everyone rages at streamers

So..to be clear,

1: You are saying "Weeeeeee!!! Look at Meeeeeee!!!"
2: Why isn't everyone Looking at Meeee!!!

meh.

Problem is, this game is so lonely without some kind of expanded local chat or a global chat system to keep you interested during long skill timers..you may have more ppl watching you than you think...just for something to do while the game is minimized.

Corse there is always Netflix. But anything beats paying bills online. :D :D :D
watcher2554

Postby Stoner » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

watcher2554 wrote:Corse there is always Netflix. But anything beats paying bills online. :D :D :D

Very much so.

Do I really care if people watch me, go look at my twitch profile. I have 9 followers. I don't honestly care. I enjoy having viewers, but most of my viewers come to the channel to just watch they don't even chat. I like to stream to talk about the game.
Last Chance Gaming

ts120.light-speed.com:8311
Stoner

Postby Eegore » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:34 am

Sevenless wrote:It's not rage exactly... it's more... commenting on someone playing the game "wrong".

The majority of the vets survive off a mixture of mountain dew and paranoia. Streamers are willfully ignoring one of the more critical aspects of not being murdered which is secrecy about location as much as possible.

So it's like watching someone play a capture the flag FPS, where they ignore the objective points and just run around killing people. You're playing the game, that's true, but you're missing the point of the game at least in part.

Atleast from the point of view of the vets. It's usually only the paranoid ones who stick it through because death hurts in this game. There's nothing wrong with playing it differently, but you'll either change or get killed out of the game for the most part.

I must say I agree with sevenless to a certain extent, the point of this game is to survive. So anyone who hasnt died is probably because the "vets" as sevenless will say, do not like to let people know where they are and prefer to be hidden. I think the OP is a little off on the assumption everyone hates streamers, some people like streamers but it does kind of take away from the point of the game as a whole. Now on the other side, if enough people want me to, I'm going to make a streaming character, im going to stream and answer questions, and help people, and show people what to do, and all sorts of stuff, mainly because I want to help people stay playing the game and give it a chance, however when people just stream randomly with no purpose and then constantly die, people tend to not realize you probably just died because you are streaming live, and sorts of stuff like that, it can tend to sway people away from perma-death, they become afraid of it, and dont give it a try. When I believe perma-death is an awesome aspect in a game I wish more games would implement(however thats just me).

So in summation: If you want to stream, then stream. You are proabably going to die, but dont wonder why. And don't assume everyone rages at streamers, because some people do like it. Especially when you have something beneficial to offer like knowledge and or help.
Eegore

Postby Sevenless » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:56 am

Eegore wrote:So in summation: If you want to stream, then stream. You are proabably going to die, but dont wonder why. And don't assume everyone rages at streamers, because some people do like it. Especially when you have something beneficial to offer like knowledge and or help.

Well said, you covered the other side. Just because there's a reason why some people don't like streamers doesn't mean people shouldn't stream. And I'd also prefer someone stream go in with eyes open and knowledge of how this game works. Preferably so as not to just give it bad press while getting slaughtered.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to City upon a Hill