What am I getting for my money?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

What am I getting for my money?

Postby Jalpha » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:55 am

This is a question I ask specifically in regard to Towns and their upkeep costs.

I don't see the point in creating a Town. You invest 2,500s in the charter, 5 Bars of Iron, 8 Boards and then have it sap you of 40s every 24hrs. Great, a money sink, exactly what the game needs. Only... What am I getting in return for that investment?

Braziers are not more reactive, there are no bonuses to learning ability, crafting success, crop growth or anything else of the nature, it is less protective than a personal claim as randoms can walk freely all over it as they please and there is no Town Teleport.

Instead you get a Town chat, and a list of Villagers, who all show up as ??? unless you have them kinned, and you can remove pers claims on town land.

Why on earth does anyone have a Town Bell? Enlighten me please.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Re: What am I getting for my money?

Postby Feedzor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am

Because a Town claim overrules a personal claim (right?) so people can pretty much put it over yours so you can't get on anymore. I think that's it.
Feedzor

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am

Feedzor wrote:Because a Town claim overrules a personal claim (right?) so people can pretty much put it over yours so you can't get on anymore. I think that's it.

yup
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Jalpha » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I had been told that changes had been made which prevent the declaiming of a pers claim via a town claim without permissions enabled on the pers claim.

So Town Claim can still declaim Pers Claim without permissions?
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Jalpha wrote:I had been told that changes had been made which prevent the declaiming of a pers claim via a town claim without permissions enabled on the pers claim.

So Town Claim can still declaim Pers Claim without permissions?

how else could you remove unwanted people from you town?

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Feedzor wrote:Because a Town claim overrules a personal claim (right?) so people can pretty much put it over yours so you can't get on anymore. I think that's it.

I thought that it's the other way around... that person can do whatever he wants on his personal claim, even if he he's not a member of the village. And village members need permissions to enter his pclaim.

In any case - if you plan on creating big town then you will need village claim. Otherwise raiders can pop their own claim, use silver to revoke your pclaim and take / destroy everything without leaving any scents.
Procne

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Procne wrote:

I thought that it's the other way around... that person can do whatever he wants on his personal claim, even if he he's not a member of the village. And village members need permissions to enter his pclaim.

In any case - if you plan on creating big town then you will need village claim. Otherwise raiders can pop their own claim, use silver to revoke your pclaim and take / destroy everything without leaving any scents.

Am I mistaken or isn't that what's called townbelling?
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Droj » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:14 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
Procne wrote:

Am I mistaken or isn't that what's called townbelling?

Yes, Moo. Even if you're not part of my town I will make you, and then proceed to destroy you and steal everything you own without so much as leaving a scent! :twisted:
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Gablak » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:30 pm

What? Braziers dont react on the crimes done on a town claim?
Gablak

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Gablak wrote:What? Braziers dont react on the crimes done on a town claim?

they do

Dallane

Next

Return to City upon a Hill