Edge of the New World

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Edge of the New World

Postby watcher2554 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 am

Being there land at last, some six and sixty days after the trek commenced, as one did we rejoice when foot found solid land beneith. After some reflecion of no few days, I pondered the Grace that has seen us to this new land. But alas, a new world to see was before me and my time for reflections was done.

It was decided then, that the land was unbeknownst to all with dangers and wonders alike yet to be discovered. The Sea, however, has always been friend to the civilized man and a further undertaking would benifit us all. Neither Land nor Sea would we choose to travel, rather betwixt and between will we go.

Planning was done, provisions laid on and North along the Sea we did travel. For a day did we live off the bounty that was provided from the earth and sea, and new and wounderous things did we learn along the way.

But then, behold, a sight, neigh, a force apeared as in tales of yore, the Edge of the World did I see.

But there was no great chasm or a Sea falling away into mist that would rob your soul; no I say, it was stranger still. I beheld a force that could only have come from God. It stood before us and there ended the world for all men. I say this with all humility as with stick did I try to beat down that force. With rock did I try and smash my way past. Hours did I move along it trying to find a way around, but alas, it was to no avail. The End of the New World did I find.

So I turned around and went home.
watcher2554

Re: Edge of the New World

Postby watcher2554 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

Seriously..I followed the shoreline north out of Jamestown, off and on for about 4-5hrs..then I hit the north edge of the server.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
watcher2554

Postby darnokpl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am

watcher2554 wrote:Seriously..I followed the shoreline north out of Jamestown, off and on for about 4-5hrs..then I hit the north edge of the server.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What? Do you mean you walked into darkness where is so dark you can't see anything without a torch?
darnokpl

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm

No, in Jamestown you can't reach darkness by going north / south from city. There are invisible walls.

Watcher, if you walked northwards then you must have stumbled upon my alt's lean-to, right next to the invisible wall :D
Procne

Postby watcher2554 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Yep..there was one up there..just south of that last river..server wall was on the north side of it..
watcher2554

Postby watcher2554 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 pm

darnokpl wrote:What? Do you mean you walked into darkness where is so dark you can't see anything without a torch?

I'm going to guess there is going to be a day/night rotation in the game..they just have not started rotation I guess...may be why its always daytime north and always dark down south.

Just a thought
watcher2554

Postby darnokpl » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm

watcher2554 wrote:
darnokpl wrote:What? Do you mean you walked into darkness where is so dark you can't see anything without a torch?

I'm going to guess there is going to be a day/night rotation in the game..they just have not started rotation I guess...may be why its always daytime north and always dark down south.

Just a thought

Nope, there will be no day/night rotation, day is near boston/roanoke/jamestown and night (darkness) is few hours away in any direction from main towns or it should be...
I haven't been on jamestown, so it was strange for me that you discovered edge of the world so fast, since on plymouth you needed stats ~65 + full inventory of food to reach west invisible wall.
darnokpl

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Most probable reason is that the map of Jamestown isn't completely done yet. We had the same thing on Plymouth when we opened Closed Commercial Beta.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby ramuller » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Based on recent Jorb interviews, I got the impression that the current three maps were done and won't change; however, new server maps may support things we won't find on the current maps.

The darkness isn't night, but rather is the lack of civilization. One will find strange creatures in darkness and perhaps things of value; however, the body sickens from exposure to it -- think of Mirkwood in LotR. Early presentations indicated that we may have mechanisms for pushing back or even advancing darkness (churches and witchcrafty things).
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby KlausT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 am

It's the same on Roanoke.
No darkness or strange things at the southern end of the map.
Only a invisible wall.
KlausT

Next

Return to City upon a Hill