Bots

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Bots

Postby gregl26 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 am

So I'm assuming they are not illegal in this game...

Can anyone pm me with any bots they may have?

Love you guys...
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Re: Bots

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 am

gregl26 wrote:So I'm assuming they are not illegal in this game...

Love you guys...

5k for each bot
haybot-or anything collecting
logger
miner
tracking
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Chiprel » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 am

I'll give you mine for free. Just pm me.

PS. As a bonus there is keylogger in it! ;)
PS2. Anyone want to buy MM tribe member account? :roll:
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby gregl26 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Chiprel wrote:I'll give you mine for free. Just pm me.

PS. As a bonus there is keylogger in it! ;)
PS2. Anyone want to buy MM tribe member account? :roll:

Cool thanks a lot!
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby alloin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 pm

gregl26 wrote:So I'm assuming they are not illegal in this game...

Love you guys...

I might start selling mine since i stopped playing,
just need to know if I'm allowed.

Haven't figured out how to automate storage though :(
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Ornery » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

gregl26 wrote:bots

l2code
http://imgur.com/F6wyT
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:26 pm

alloin wrote:I might start selling mine since i stopped playing,
just need to know if I'm allowed.

Great question. Most companies haven't balked at using in-game items/funds as compensation for someone's time developing tools for the community. I'll see if we can get an answer out of Moo.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:44 am

We do not endorse bot usage and it is pretty well known that the devs work actively with making the game as bot unfriendly as possible.

Right now we have no rules against posting bots on the forums, neither do we in any way prevent in-game trading from happening so there's nothing currently standing against you getting in-game compensation for... Whatever. Doesn't matter if its a bot.

Anything other than in-game items is strictly forbidden though, as it counts as RMT.

And I'm not sure whether or not bot talk should be allowed here, but it's a tricky subject. I'll discuss it with the other mods.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:We do not endorse bot usage and it is pretty well known that the devs work actively with making the game as bot unfriendly as possible.

Right now we have no rules against posting bots on the forums, neither do we in any way prevent in-game trading from happening so there's nothing currently standing against you getting in-game compensation for... Whatever. Doesn't matter if its a bot.

Anything other than in-game items is strictly forbidden though, as it counts as RMT.

And I'm not sure whether or not bot talk should be allowed here, but it's a tricky subject. I'll discuss it with the other mods.

wot i think:

you should allow people to talk about bots as much as they like, for two reasons

(1) this (theoretically) allows all the losers who want to use them to do so, thus levelling the playing field somewhat. however this won't happen, since the good bots are always secret, and losers can't code.

(2) the more people talk about their bots, the more the devs know about what to do to make them less profitable.

p.s. QQ bots are overpowered now that we can't shoot them [over walls, or in any way with current firearms :D ]
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby Nixman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm having trouble seeing the difference between bots and cheating.

Bots just completely destroy in-game economies by flooding the market with so many goods that they become worthless, fighting bots in some situations can be significantly unfair and superior.

Discourage is just another word for inaction again cheating imo, maybe we need some rules from the get-go regarding this before having a bot is absolutely essential to be able to compete, after a time, you will then need 2 bots, some time later it will be playing requirement to be able to program in java, script through LUA and write algorithms that can predict the meaning of life.
Nixman

Next

Return to City upon a Hill