Carpentry update

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Carpentry update

Postby Yalren » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Sevenless wrote:I think the real thing that bums people is the 5.5 days. That does feel a little harsh.

As someone who played Eve Online just be glad its only 5.5 days ¦]
Yalren

Postby Sevenless » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Yalren wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I think the real thing that bums people is the 5.5 days. That does feel a little harsh.

This is no capital ship though. This is more like waiting 5.5 days to have a chance to make the parts of a battleship? I used to manufacture BC on eve :P

My only concern here is that Plank walls are going to be more hassle to make than brick or iron walls which we'll get later. Which raises the point of why bother when those other walls are available? I mean... if it's that bad for wood. God, how bad are the iron walls gonna be.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby _Gunnar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Yalren wrote:

This is no capital ship though. This is more like waiting 5.5 days to have a chance to make the parts of a battleship? I used to manufacture BC on eve :P

My only concern here is that Plank walls are going to be more hassle to make than brick or iron walls which we'll get later. Which raises the point of why bother when those other walls are available? I mean... if it's that bad for wood. God, how bad are the iron walls gonna be.

I guess steel, or even wrought iron, will be rather more horrific to make than they are in haven :)

perhaps we will have to control the temperature of the crucibles somehow? i believe that was the case at some point before I started playing haven.
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby Yalren » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

I guess steel, or even wrought iron, will be rather more horrific to make than they are in haven :)

perhaps we will have to control the temperature of the crucibles somehow? i believe that was the case at some point before I started playing haven.

Im sure they will change how bricks and bars are made soon enough :roll:
Yalren

Postby Potjeh » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Brick walls will only take Bricks of Jericho ¦]
Potjeh

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Potjeh wrote:Brick walls will only take Bricks of Jericho ¦]

I keep on telling everyone: quit giving the devs ideas!!
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Yalren » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Decreased chance of bricks being made ¦]
Yalren

Postby ramuller » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Potjeh wrote:Brick walls will only take Bricks of Jericho ¦]

Then the raiders will need animal husbandry to raise sheep and instrument making to create shofar.
Swordmage
ramuller

Postby Gallient » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

The 5.5 days is kinda getting to me, especially since I've been staring at my piles for the past 5 days. I've been building at least one or two more every day so I can get a regular supply going but still 0_0. I would prefer bigger piles, or more forgiveness on the molding, because 5-6 tiles of space is quite a bit of room and 40 boards get eaten up quite quickly. I guess it at least gives me something to do besides farming.
Gallient

Postby imrielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 am

Gallient wrote:The 5.5 days is kinda getting to me, especially since I've been staring at my piles for the past 5 days. I've been building at least one or two more every day so I can get a regular supply going but still 0_0. I would prefer bigger piles, or more forgiveness on the molding, because 5-6 tiles of space is quite a bit of room and 40 boards get eaten up quite quickly. I guess it at least gives me something to do besides farming.

Feel lucky, I've been staring at my now finished timber piles and coal clamps for the last two days with an alt, unable to touch them to see how many dry boards I got. My main character has been taking a dirt nap on someones claim for nearing 3 days now. :( This alt was created to give me something to do in Salem while I wait for my main to hopefully be playable again, no permissions on the claim :cry:.
imrielle
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill