Carpentry update

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Carpentry update

Postby Gallient » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 am

imrielle wrote:
Gallient wrote:The 5.5 days is kinda getting to me, especially since I've been staring at my piles for the past 5 days. I've been building at least one or two more every day so I can get a regular supply going but still 0_0. I would prefer bigger piles, or more forgiveness on the molding, because 5-6 tiles of space is quite a bit of room and 40 boards get eaten up quite quickly. I guess it at least gives me something to do besides farming.

Feel lucky, I've been staring at my now finished timber piles and coal clamps for the last two days with an alt, unable to touch them to see how many dry boards I got. My main character has been taking a dirt nap on someones claim for nearing 3 days now. :( This alt was created to give me something to do in Salem while I wait for my main to hopefully be playable again, no permissions on the claim :cry:.

Ah that's sad, maybe you are dead? :P.

Not sure what kind of lag/server downtime there has been in the past week but my oldest piles really should've been done awhile ago. I wish there was at least a timer bar like you see when drying/tanning hide. So bored :P.
Gallient

Postby imrielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Gallient wrote:Ah that's sad, maybe you are dead? :P.

Not sure what kind of lag/server downtime there has been in the past week but my oldest piles really should've been done awhile ago. I wish there was at least a timer bar like you see when drying/tanning hide. So bored :P.

No, not dead, just bugged - as are a few other people. Note of warning, don't get knocked out on someones claim. *sighs*

I'm not sure what server you're on, but Plymouth hasn't really had any downtime.
imrielle
Customer

Postby Gallient » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:29 pm

I just started getting some dry boards like an hour ago woot. A lot of mold even though I placed some of the piles in the exact spots where I got 40/40 before. I got my H&N up to 114 over the last week, still probably losing 30-40% boards while planing.
Gallient

Postby Ihmhi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:23 pm

What really irks me is the lack of information when stuff comes out.

I can get there being bonuses or exploits or hidden things, but we have new items or mechanics being released and we're not really told how they work. Imagine weapons in WoW not having damage listed, and you had to figure out the DPS by doing math in their head.

Why couldn't we just be told outright how stuff like the mold mechanic works? What's the minimum distance from objects to reduce the chance of it spreading? What counts as an "object" for transmitting mold? Etc.
Ihmhi

Postby Dallane » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 pm

Ihmhi wrote: Imagine weapons in WoW not having damage listed, and you had to figure out the DPS by doing math in their head.

at one point you had to do just that ;)
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 am

Ihmhi wrote:I can get there being bonuses or exploits or hidden things, but we have new items or mechanics being released and we're not really told how they work. Imagine weapons in WoW not having damage listed, and you had to figure out the DPS by doing math in their head.

I might actually enjoy that game if the rest of the mechanics were well balanced. I play another game that provides no information like that, though. It's called Dwarf Fortress, and I enjoy it very much.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Dallane wrote:
Ihmhi wrote: Imagine weapons in WoW not having damage listed, and you had to figure out the DPS by doing math in their head.

at one point you had to do just that ;)

Good ol' days...

Vanilla WoW needs its own game just like CS 1.6 (although I can imagine the "which patch to use" fight would have been huge). But I shall not derail this thread. No. Ignore this post after you've read it.

I might actually enjoy that game if the rest of the mechanics were well balanced. I play another game that provides no information like that, though. It's called Dwarf Fortress, and I enjoy it very much.

Nerd!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill