Salem Rise and Shiny is up.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Salem Rise and Shiny is up.

Postby HindMAN » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 pm

HindMAN

Re: Salem Rise and Shiny is up.

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

HARDCORE
Ass_Kraken

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

He sums up near the end a lot of weaknesses that I and others worry about at each other over.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby frozencanadian » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:40 pm

I honestly completely disagree with the second half of the entire "thing". To call such rectal dribble an article is an affront to gaming journalism. This guy basically walks in and try to bring up matters of social debate and science when he clearly lacks even a basic understanding of such, not to mention that a gaming article is surely not the place for such discussions. Personally, I find the lack of chat filtering and moderation in Salem a breath of fresh air in mmos. It is not the games purpose NOR PLACE to filter, skew, or punish ideologies and beliefs of others that do not suite my own.
frozencanadian

Postby HindMAN » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 am

I'm not a journalist, and do not like it when people call me one. Journalists have degrees.

The article very clearly states how I play the game and how it is a first impression. Also, note the opinion tag.

Beau
HindMAN

Postby Mushibag » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 am

If I had written that garbage I definitely would not be proud of it, nor would I be posting links to it anywhere, and that includes publishing it on a gaming review website. Granted, the first half of it was somewhat decent, even though it was clear you had not spent any length of time actually learning how to play the game, but the second half was just you crying about people calling you bad names and stealing your toys. Instead of spouting ***** like that, I think you should learn to grow up and handle that **** like a ***** man. "Oh, I'm playing a permadeath MMO where I can be killed, and my **** can be stolen, but WTF?! even the **** I paid money for?!" Come on, man... I think it's pretty obvious that if you can be killed, and your **** pillaged, those things you paid for would similarly be subject to theft and loss. To even imply that it is a "scam" is just ***** retarded.
Mushibag

Postby staxjax » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 am

The actual content in your review is severely lacking in content and bashing a developer for his answer to your silly question is just bad form. Needless to say, I am dissapointed in your review of Salem. Had you actually spent your time playing the game instead of partaking in a flamewar on the forums, or even went to a different [newer] server, you would have had a much brighter outlook on the game. Instead, you chose to go to a server where there is a notorious group of mouthy 'indians' that live off the tears of your kind. You pretty much gave into them by writing a ****** review, when the whole reason that I offered to show you the game's potential was to avoid having to read another bad carebearish noob review.

If I see your charactaer log in anywhere around my base, you are ***** dead.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby HindMAN » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am

So, I was supposed to know that certain players were on the server I picked? As far as how the "review" went.. it is not and never was a review. I even explain this at the beginning of the hour long video I did... the same thing I have done for the last 2.5 years.

Again, though, I cannot explain it any easier: it's a first glance, a tiny comparison to the rest of the game. I say as much in the footer and in the article. If you care to miss that, i'm not sure what to tell you. I played several hours. This is what I found. That has always been the concept of the article. It's an opinion piece, period, and I have never claimed it as anything but. The funniest part is that it is actually a positive write-up. lol But, this always happens when I review a game like Salem. I'm used to it. ;)

Thanks for the comments! See you later!

Beau
HindMAN

Postby Procne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 am

Uhm, why so aggressive?
Procne

Postby colesie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 am

I'm disappointed that you didn't add the Mountain of Jorb within our village to the article to show the terraforming aspects of the game :<

Procne wrote:Uhm, why so aggressive?

Because HARDCORE.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Next

Return to City upon a Hill