Central Mountain

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Central Mountain

Postby DavekeC » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Ellow Fellow Settlers !

I have 3 questions for my resettling purposes near a lime deposit.

1) How big can you make your homestead claim? Can you make it as big as a city claim ? Or is it limited to a certain size ?

2) The centrail hill is present on every server (i presume). How do u know u have found it ? I'm at a neverending stairs of cliffs that are colored grey on the mini map.
I presume this is the big mountain that we can climb and hopefully find some nice terrain on top of it :)

3) Is it a good idea to settle on that piece of land ? Or is it just to obvious , prime target for raiders ?

Thanks !
DavekeC

Re: Central Mountain

Postby L33LEE » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Unsure if mountain ranges exist on all servers, i know 2 exist on plymouth / boston though, one in the central of the map, and another in the darkest darkest part of the darkness.

Its "safeish" to live inside / ontop of mountains although its harder than normal living due to location and if you wish to go exploring outside the mountain you need to climb over it every go. Its harder for raiders to reach again due to needing to climb over it etc, however by no means are you "safer" than any other base due to location, its just more annoying and maybe less worthwhile for a raider to climb over the mountain to get to you, although if they want your goods, no were is safe really.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Re: Central Mountain

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 pm

It just decreases the chance someone finds you. If they find you, you're still just as dead though.

Jamestown has a mountain area fairly near the spawn actually.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Return to City upon a Hill