Salem Livestream tonight!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Salem Livestream tonight!

Postby Droj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 am

Yes he could have better prepared himself for the stream but that's besides the point. You can't justify your actions nor the behaviour that you exhibited at the time of the stream. You actually took it upon yourself to watch the stream, located his character and murder him, that alone says something about your personality and the lack of respect for those who are trying to get the game noticed.

Yes crimes & drama is very well suited to this game but there are times when its not appropriate, people must to allowed to give a welcoming demonstration of the game without the chance of it prematurely ending because you feel that the world should know at what you do best.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 am

Droj wrote: people must to allowed to give a welcoming demonstration of the game without the chance of it prematurely ending

In a game where your character runs the risk of prematurely ending I believe the demonstration was on mark.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby jorb » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 am

I don't blame the guy who killed him, though. If anything I'm to blame for not protecting him. I wasn't even logged in when it happened. I guess I figured he'd already have taken a wilderness spawn and be out in the woods somewhere more anonymous with me and him just chatting about the game and whatnot.

To be fair I kind of think it was a showcase of how cool the live environment of the game can be, and I hope people can take that away from it, more so than the harshness. Live streaming the game is obviously a bit like painting a cross hair on yourself. :)

I'll be insisting on non-disclosed locations next time. ^^
jorb

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:52 am

jorb wrote:I don't blame the guy who killed him, though. If anything I'm to blame for not protecting him. I wasn't even logged in when it happened. I guess I figured he'd already have taken a wilderness spawn and be out in the woods somewhere more anonymous with me and him just chatting about the game and whatnot.

To be fair I kind of think it was a showcase of how cool the live environment of the game can be, and I hope people can take that away from it, more so than the harshness. Live streaming the game is obviously a bit like painting a cross hair on yourself. :)

The Great Spirit Speaks wisdom beyond that of which can only wish to understand. ALL HAIL THE GREAT SPIRIT!

P.S. Did anybody else notice that the Great Spirit was less than amused at the skill level of the squatter that so selfishly pulled him away from his Apple in the sky?

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby gregl26 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:55 am

To be fair I kind of think it was a showcase of how cool the live environment of the game can be- Jorb

I was starting to regret my killing of the guy but if Jorb thinks its ok then I am relieved of guilt.
Last edited by gregl26 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
staxjax wrote:Well, the truth is gregl26 single handely caused the demise of BTK by trying to be a spy. I can assure you there will be no reprecussions from our action, because both you guys and the chief are much to weak to consider taking action.

fyi there were
gregl26

Postby colesie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 am

jorb wrote:I don't blame the guy who killed him, though. If anything I'm to blame for not protecting him. I wasn't even logged in when it happened. I guess I figured he'd already have taken a wilderness spawn and be out in the woods somewhere more anonymous with me and him just chatting about the game and whatnot.

Pras! You are so wise.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby MrGemini » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:36 am

jorb wrote:To be fair I kind of think it was a showcase of how cool the live environment of the game can be, and I hope people can take that away from it, more so than the harshness. Live streaming the game is obviously a bit like painting a cross hair on yourself. :)

lol so true.
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby Procne » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:08 pm

jorb wrote:To be fair I kind of think it was a showcase of how cool the live environment of the game can be, and I hope people can take that away from it, more so than the harshness. Live streaming the game is obviously a bit like painting a cross hair on yourself. :)

So, has anything about the gameplay, other than being murdered and losing your 15$ within minutes, being shown for the new players in that stream? Anyone watched it?
Procne

Postby painhertz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:28 pm

That and the guy chopping at a tree. There was a "tiny" bit about learning skills when the guy rezzed. Basically, regardless of how they want to spin it, Chief and his idiots ruined it.

(Also: This is where he badly Photoshops my head onto something else because he doesn't have any valid arguments.)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm

painhertz wrote: Chief and his idiots ruined it.

Just because something doesn't yield the original intended effect....

Does not immediately mean that the result was any less marvelous.

A livestream was born to showcase the mechanics of Salem. And showcasing those mechanics it did. May our intervention into the Livestream be the pacemaker Salem was looking for to jump start its true heartbeat of drama.

P.S. Taunt me 2 more times and I will indeed photoshop your head being stuck up an elephants rear end. I expect some brownie points from the mods for my self-restraint here.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill