Salem Livestream tonight!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Salem Livestream tonight!

Postby TotalyMoo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Hey everyone!

Jorb is going to go through Salem tonight at www.twitch.tv/massivelytv 23:00 CET/5pm EST.

It's supposed to be a pretty basic stream explaining the game to the normal stream-viewers of Massively, but knowing Jorb anything can happen.

Tune in!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Re: Salem Livestream tonight!

Postby painhertz » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Can we follow him around cursing like sailors and paving Swastikas?

Also: You guys should force Loftar into the videos more, it's obvious he's shy and i think ya'll should make him sweat a little....lol
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby jwhitehorn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Can we please not say "tonight" when in fact it is happening at 2:00 P.M. PST. All other lesser time-zones should not be used as reference. This is no different than being asked if I want to press "2" for Spanish or of course the complete failure of the metric system.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Droj » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Same stuff as in last stream then.

Creating character, walking away from boston, using godly dev powers to spawn creatures and torment people in town lol.

How about jorb taking on a bear eh?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby HasseKebab » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Droj wrote:How about jorb taking on a bear eh?

i would love to see this

wtf is this *****
HasseKebab

Postby Sevenless » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm

I'd like jorb to god power mock up some small settlements in various stages of development and talk about how life progresses and improves over time. Talk about the flow of gameplay and what you can build with hard work. Of course while discussing player player interaction and the inevitable death/destruction.

The griefing/combat aspect has been played up a lot lately, and it's only really half the game. I think both sides should be explored visually if possible.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm

I loved this Livestream! It perfectly shows what problems Salem has. I don`t know how often some H&H players explained to me how civilized the community of Salem will be and that pvp and permadeath won`t be a problem... Well, those gamemechanics and some silly guys prevented the guy from massively to do an fun livestream...because he was robbed all stuff (he bought), then killed, the homestead has been destroyed, after that he was ganged in boston (he couldn`t move) and spamed with invites...that`s some sort of bad behaviour I`m expecting from some wow kiddies but it`s good to know, that salems game mechanics are attracting those too. The worst about all that is, that it is exactly the way the devs wanted the game to be. So it really was an eye-opening livestream.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Shows the kind of people that live in MM Tribe

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby painhertz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am

Was dude at his claim when he got jacked? or did he port to Boston and walk up the beach? it really isn;t that easy to get killed in Salem which is why i ask....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am

Recap of the livestream:

First the player trips and falls down on the beach but a brave is helpful enough to come gather his things for him.

The Tribe was then nice enough to bring the things back to his claim.

But then we heard that he wanted to make a new claim anyway so we helped get rid of his old one.

And of course unlike most people we were able to take down the whittle bench in all of its soak and glory.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Next

Return to City upon a Hill