Salem Livestream tonight!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Salem Livestream tonight!

Postby HindMAN » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 pm

jorb wrote:
HindMAN wrote:an official stance on community enforcement

I'm admittedly not entirely sure as to what it is you mean by that. The community/ties can enforce whatever rules it/they desire inside the game world using the mechanics of the game. If by "community enforcement" you mean some way of voting people off the island in a popularity contest, then, no, there is no such feature, nor will there be. :)

The game client itself does not presently have any way to instantly reference customer support, although one could perhaps argue that it should. It is far from obvious what that feature would look like, however, as non-intervention in the game world itself is a core value of mine. Human meddling in the game world ultimately debases the game rules, and in an environment like this, which aims to allow for long-term action and planning, I consider the fundamental integrity of the rules to be of the utmost importance.

I hate to have to spell this out, but I am simply saying that if a player witnesses another player doing something that can be considered illegal (yes, even in a sandbox game there are limits, trust me) then how and where does this player go to to report such a feature? On the forums for all to see, or is there an anonymous way to do so?

I am not referring to game mechanics. I am so so familiar with sandbox game mechanics that none of what happened to me surprised me. I have been a noob in every game in existence for many years! :)

My point is: get a CM. lol If not, I just need to know where and how people would report, say, someone in game referring to children, posting real-life information, linking to a child's address, linking to images that can be illegal, etc. Again, it's not a complicated issue. If you would like to give me an official stance on the topic, feel free to email me. I just want to cover every aspect of the game -- or at least the parts I experienced -- because I think it's a cool game.

Beau
HindMAN

Postby staxjax » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm

You would send a PM to the community manager TotalyMoo or email support@paradoxplaza.com.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

I feel like if only we would have listened to the wisdom of Beau HindMan this could have all been avoided.

A Snuff Picture

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby HindMAN » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:05 am

staxjax wrote:You would send a PM to the community manager TotalyMoo or email support@paradoxplaza.com.

Excellent! Now I can drop it. :)

Thanks!

Beau
HindMAN

Postby Mushibag » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:57 am

jwhitehorn wrote:Community involvement is good. It just would have been nice if the guy himself would have known about the forums too so perhaps he could have seen what he was in for and, therefore, contracted Mushi or somebody to guard the livestream itself. I can only imagine how cool a noob would think the game was if the guy streaming hired a body-guard to allow him to broadcast.

I know this was several pages ago, but I really like this idea. :D
Mushibag

Postby HindMAN » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

Found some people through trusted sources (possibly, they might just kill me and make an animated gif out of it) and have settled down outside of their very impressive township thingy. Really, the town items (windmills, etc) are more impressive than I thought they'd be. Again I have to give props for the art style. I love it.

Will be playing more tonight, then Thanksgiving will put me out of it. Back on Friday. Thanks again for the tips I've received so far.

Beau
HindMAN

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill